Nissan Road Racing Forums

Go Back   Nissan Road Racing Forums > Engine > Forced Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Keep in mind that is the new 60mm wheel va the GenII 67mm wheel. Quite an improvement if you ask me.

Check out the 3d printed concepts on the raptor engine, the new turbine housings are very EFR-esque. Speaking of which, Iím sure theyíre feeling the popularity of the efr range, and it was only a matter of time before they responded. Iím excited for some competition, because weíre going to benefit!
Atleast quote my entire post for proper context lol

Bench racing/paper racing is good for about 30% of real life results. I will come to final judgement once I see this turbo on a real VET (or whatever) doing big things. Bench racing with MAPS is one thing, area under the curve, response, etc is where it's at for everything outside of drag racing, which no amount of flow maps can properly characterize.

EFR is a perfect example of this (remember, they had to up the HP limit as it turns out, they flowed a ton more than originally advertised).

However, as I stated, just like how the EFR was downplayed because of flow maps, Garrett may be on to something here once these hit the streets.

What's good for the goose, may also be good for the gander in this case. Garrett is very capable to making big things happen