Nissan Road Racing Forums

Go Back   Nissan Road Racing Forums > Multimedia > In Car Video

Old 05-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Resident Grouch

hOngsterr:

Cal Club will be running at Fontucky (AAA Autoclub speedway Roval) in Early June, CalClub has a time trials event (think HPDE) where they will provide instruction, They also do several events at Buttonwillow (their home track)
Old 05-14-2014, 08:18 PM

I'm going to wait when its cooler dec-feb time, summer just drains the life out of me.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 PM

Sissy. :P
'04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
'96 240SX- The Track Toy
Old 05-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Budget Baller to the Max

Send a message via AIM to Def

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
Yeah, TWS..
Gearing in the KA tranny is stupid bad with the power my engine makes. I shift to 5th at start/finish and gain just a couple mph from there to turn in. I haven't run the track CW in yeeeears- way before I bothered with timing anything.

As for power, I certainly haven't gained that much! I can't pull a top-flight SM on the straights until over 100mph, which is where the aero starts kicking in and it seems the 240 is a touch slipperier than a jellybean-shaped Miata. point being, using the same p/w as a front running SM puts my car at roughly 150whp. given the few things I've done to the engine, 120k miles with 30k track miles, stock ECU, then that passes the smell test.
That's right about the times I was getting for my car on street tires. But like you, with the 4.36 I'd go to 7500 RPM in 4th, which was 131 according to the STACK dash (GPS verified accurate since you program in the wheel diameter), then I shift to 5th and it'd eek up to 132-133 before the braking zone which is a LONG way down there. Luckily it'd pull right up to redline in 4th going into T7 or T6 (CCW or CW), so the gearing works well there, but horrible everywhere else. I'm hoping the 4.63 and maybe a touch more power on E85 will pull in 5th.

'11 BMW X5 35i

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 PM

Not too bad. Some great advice here.

Some of those turns that you downshifted to 2nd look like you could take in 3rd gear. I've never driven that track. Maybe someone who has can chime in. Personally, I try not to downshift to second if I can carry momentum through the turn. Your engine and clutch will thank you.
2001 325ci
1997 M3 coupe
1997 Accord Wagon
1994 Corvette 6-spd
1994 BMW 325is
1989 240SX Redtop

I have a problem. :-P
Old 09-04-2014, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude Guy View Post
Not too bad. Some great advice here.

Some of those turns that you downshifted to 2nd look like you could take in 3rd gear. I've never driven that track. Maybe someone who has can chime in. Personally, I try not to downshift to second if I can carry momentum through the turn. Your engine and clutch will thank you.

Haha thats what I've been noticing also on second gear cause then i would have to shift often. There should be a turn or 2 i believe i really need to go back to second either than that i should be okay on 3rd. I'm going to hold off the 4.36 til i actually buy a OSG 1.5 and run 4.08 on the helical.

Thanks for your insight.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:21 AM

New PB. New Vid. More to improve.

http://youtu.be/pe8xPwAf1t0
Old 01-28-2015, 09:03 PM

Right on....Although I've only raced motorcycles on that layout...

Looks like you could concentrate on braking a touch later and harder, feeding in the power sooner, keep feeding power on through the bowl, apex follow through later so you gain more track exit on the backside and can accelerate hard into the end horse shoe, and use a bit more track in the fast sections...

Pretty dang smooth though!

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a250gpguy View Post
Right on....Although I've only raced motorcycles on that layout...

Looks like you could concentrate on braking a touch later and harder, feeding in the power sooner, keep feeding power on through the bowl, apex follow through later so you gain more track exit on the backside and can accelerate hard into the end horse shoe, and use a bit more track in the fast sections...

Pretty dang smooth though!

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Haha, I've noticed that too. Riverside (bowl) I'm still scared of that that's why i was yelling "maintain". Having those cones on track didn't help either lol

Thanks man!
Old 01-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Resident Grouch

riverside is a whole new deal this year with a fresh pave job out there. I lost time on this config because all my brake markers were gone now...but then ended up gaining time because i had to develop better braking zones to make use of the new smooth and grippy surface.