Nissan Road Racing Forums

Go Back   Nissan Road Racing Forums > Chassis > Sentra B13/B14/B15/B16

Old 08-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Owner/Administrator

The 10:1 is out of the car and the 9.5:1 is getting prepped to go into the car. I forgot how much easier engines are to pull w/o power steering, a/c, or the majority of the emissions garbage. It was much quicker than pulling the other one.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Owner/Administrator

I tapped the block on the 9.5:1 for the turbo's oil drain line.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside180sx
Ohh, you can't just post this without an explaination on how you got the motor out to do it!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Owner/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside180sx
Ohh, you can't just post this without an explaination on how you got the motor out to do it!!!
I actually cheated and tapped the block while it was sitting on the ground, since the other motor and the hoist were in the way of having it in a proper position.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:47 AM

Good stuff. My friend just did the same thing on his KA (tapped into the block, rather than the flimsy pan). I like it since you don't have to worry about the oil level blocking off the drain line, and you can get a better angle for the drain. Why the hose barb, though? No AN fittings for the drain line? I had a turbo blow out on me from the line kinking up against something, and almost had the line ripped off by debris (i.e. cones). I opted to go AN fittings with braided steel lines afterwards (never finished my front splitter/ motor protection).
Old 09-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Owner/Administrator

The KA is a little harder depending on where your turbo is located...but definately feasable. As for the barbed fitting...i was lazy and it's what I could get a hold of yesterday.=) Thankfully there isn't anything else between the front of the block and the drain line to kink up on with a FWD. I do intend to get a splitter on the car to insure there isn't anything able to come flying up that way though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceInHole
Good stuff. My friend just did the same thing on his KA (tapped into the block, rather than the flimsy pan). I like it since you don't have to worry about the oil level blocking off the drain line, and you can get a better angle for the drain. Why the hose barb, though? No AN fittings for the drain line? I had a turbo blow out on me from the line kinking up against something, and almost had the line ripped off by debris (i.e. cones). I opted to go AN fittings with braided steel lines afterwards (never finished my front splitter/ motor protection).
Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Owner/Administrator

As things seem to be in constant flux with these projects...like everyones... The T25 setup is out the window entirely before even getting installed. Now it's on to the bigger turbo. T3/T04E 50 trim with a .82 turbine housing, a FMAX log manifold, and 2.5" FMAX downpipe. Should be enough to squeeze out 400 whp with, even with the smaller downpipe.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Owner/Administrator

Made some quick blockoff plates for the EGR. They only have to be there until I find a JDM intake to replace the stock one (which has no EGR to begin with) or until I make an custom one and be done with it.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Owner/Administrator

Motor is in the car finally and almost ready to roll The real turbo for the race car has arrived. =P
Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM

nice can't wait to see some pics of the b13. i'm a huge fan of that chassis.