Nissan Road Racing Forums

Go Back   Nissan Road Racing Forums > Chassis > 240SX S13/S14/S15

Old 08-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff View Post
can you share some more info, maybe post a pic of your setup? did you do the front end also
Just to clarify on the readings in my last post; the bump values are toe in & droop is toe out, values are in inches (thousand of an inch) I am running 17x9 25 offset in rear, tires are 255/40-17, Nismo subframe bushings

the static ride height (center of hub to edge of fender is 33cm.) the right side pic with wheel on, is static ride height & the last pic is at ride height as well

Yes, i bumped the front already, i have a thread in the Alingnment section of the forum, i will update that thread with pics & the final values just as soon as i get the rear done.

Hey Geoff what combo did you come up with in the rear?

Hey Jason M, i read your thread (great work) i noticed how adding length to traction arm lowers the tie rod pickup point at knuckle, can you verify your arm lengths? I'll keep trying to figure this out this weekend.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Resident Grouch

what an a$$ where'd you get all that baller machine shop garb?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:04 PM

Be carefull using the marks on the plate for measuring the height change, the spindle rolls as it goes up and down. Although you will get repeatable reference numbers to go off of, it does not reflect actuall wheel travel. IIRC, my spindle rolled about 3 degrees/inch of wheel travel.

I just read your front bumpsteer thread, can't beleive I did not notice it before. It's good to see others looking into bumpsteer. I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower240sx View Post
what an a$$ where'd you get all that baller machine shop garb?
Perhaps, lol
Old 08-22-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
Be carefull using the marks on the plate for measuring the height change, the spindle rolls as it goes up and down. Although you will get repeatable reference numbers to go off of, it does not reflect actuall wheel travel. IIRC, my spindle rolled about 3 degrees/inch of wheel travel.

I just read your front bumpsteer thread, can't beleive I did not notice it before. It's good to see others looking into bumpsteer. I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress.
I agree, i noticed every time i moved the arm lengths the plate rotates & then i have to reset my centerhub, to fender edge distance & then re-level the plate to reference dial indicator, the fun part about this is after the desired bumpsteer readings are attained veh. has to be realigned & then bump rechecked in the rear since these seem to be drastic adjustments.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2012, 09:41 PM

hurrdurrr

http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...t-for-S13.html
http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...t-for-S14.html

But srsly, incredible thread, great info.... You guys make my head hurt.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM

hi cheeky, thanks for posting the photos - i do not understand how you are able to measure toe change with only one dial indicator (perhaps i am reading this wrong? )
Old 09-26-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff View Post
hi cheeky, thanks for posting the photos - i do not understand how you are able to measure toe change with only one dial indicator (perhaps i am reading this wrong? )
I was just thinking about that the other day. How do you account for camber change? Do you measure both sides of the plate at different times? Most setups use two dial indicators and you have to compare the difference of the two, or have 1 indiactor, a follower, & a hinged setup (to compensate for camber change) like my LongAcre setup.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 PM

I am just measuring the one side of the plate, I see your point about the hinged set up? i guess back to square one with the whole deal.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 AM

Ya, camber change in the rear probably effected your numbers quite a bit. I know that on the S13 subframe it has a linear 1.3*/inch camber gain, througout the entire suspension travel range. The front camber gain might be 0 to .3*/inch depending on your SAI, and roll center correction.