Nissan Road Racing Forums

Go Back   Nissan Road Racing Forums > Chassis > Sentra B13/B14/B15/B16

Old 11-22-2014, 05:20 PM

Integra aka driveline for Civic:

2:21.9 at VIR.

Working on making Civic more visually pleasing, attached rear bumper to side mounts yesterday :-)

No sale on s14 yet, there has been some interest but not much.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:52 PM

what is your suspension setup like?

it sounds like your car just understeers to much... but it's hard to tell how much of that is driver and how much is setup

do you have videos?
'81 BMW R65
Old 11-24-2014, 05:51 AM

Sounds like a combination of setup and driver issue.

In previous years, I had a ~340WHP SE-R and (street) tires (Azenis 215-45-16) after about 1.75 hrs of track time between two drivers, and the tires had minimal wear. Some of it can be atributed to weight, but a majority of it was a combination of driving style and car setup.

The car rotated quiet easily and responded to driver input very well. Also, the fact that it wasn't a hammer and squirt affair and more like very smooth driving style, opening up the radisu of corners and a being smooth with throttle input, the car was VERY fast with the driver doing very little and the tires held up. Drove it too hard into a corner, I backed off a little the next go around. Too heavy on the throttle on corner exit, I opened up the corner radius allowing a little more contact patch for throttle application.

Also, the three BIGGEST benefits was a proper LSD , sizable tires to handle the heat/abuse and the Koni 8611s. With the FWD being so biased to the front, you really have to a have a different approach and driving style to not overwork the front tires. Aligment was very basic with zero toe and a few degrees of camber.

You cars are fairly lightweight and 200+ WHP short of my vehicle. You really shouldn't be having such issues IMHO.