Nissan Road Racing Forums

Go Back   Nissan Road Racing Forums > Chassis > Z Car/G35/G37

Old 08-10-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye-5 View Post
VQ35DE were rated at 287HP to the crank. With a 20% drive train loss that puts it at 229.6 HP at the wheels. Most dynos I've seen hit right around there.
Yeah I guess I was just a little concerned because I've seen some torque figures in around 200-10 and some even below 200. But hey, dynos and conditions vary so there will always be differences.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:41 AM
Budget Baller to the Max

Send a message via AIM to Def

The early DEs were rated at 274 ft-lbs, so I'd expect to see somewhere around 220-230 ft-lbs to the wheels give or take.

They seem to dyno around 230-240 rwhp on a Dynojet.

'11 BMW X5 35i

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902
Old 08-11-2016, 06:58 AM

Somewhat unrelated, but do you guys have any tips for financing a 12 year old car? I have good credit, and an appropriate amount of income to buy the car, it's just the book value of this car is much lower than it's street value. He's done a fair bit of work to the car which raises it's street value, but they don't look at that when determining how much to lend you. I'm considering a personal loan but it looks like APRs would be through the roof. Any advice?
Old 08-11-2016, 07:06 AM

borrow what it's worth and make up the rest in a down payment. If you can't afford that, then frankly you shouldn't be buying the car, even if you have 'appropriate amount of income'.

If you don't have the money today, start putting a couple hundred bucks a month in the bank like it's a car payment. then when the next good deal comes along, you'll have a nice down payment ready to go.
I started doing that about 10 years ago.. I just put money away each month and drove a beater until the right deal stumbled along. Wound up buying my G35 with cash. a few years later, I bought my F250 towbeast with cash.
'04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
'96 240SX- The Track Toy
Old 08-11-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
borrow what it's worth and make up the rest in a down payment. If you can't afford that, then frankly you shouldn't be buying the car, even if you have 'appropriate amount of income'.

If you don't have the money today, start putting a couple hundred bucks a month in the bank like it's a car payment. then when the next good deal comes along, you'll have a nice down payment ready to go.
I started doing that about 10 years ago.. I just put money away each month and drove a beater until the right deal stumbled along. Wound up buying my G35 with cash. a few years later, I bought my F250 towbeast with cash.
Good points.

I'm not sure how to go about this though. The seller is asking $12,900, so I requested 13,500 to cover tax and got preapproved, then rejected.

How do I know how much to ask for? I'm looking at the NADA value at it says $10,150 for "Clean Retail".

I guess I'll save up a few grand and try to request ~$10K. I just really hope the car is still around then.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:39 AM

You shouldn't have to pay tax from a private seller- at least not until you register/buy tags. every state is different here. However, if NADA value is 10,150, you're going to have a hard time borrowing more than about 9 for the car since the bank expects you to bring something to the table as a down payment. otherwise you get stuck with a high risk (and thus high interest) loan since nobody wants to loan $13k for a car they can only realistically sell for $10k. it's a losing situation for a bank to loan more for a car than it's worth.
'04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
'96 240SX- The Track Toy
Old 09-03-2016, 08:32 AM
Budget Baller to the Max

Send a message via AIM to Def

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
You shouldn't have to pay tax from a private seller- at least not until you register/buy tags. every state is different here. However, if NADA value is 10,150, you're going to have a hard time borrowing more than about 9 for the car since the bank expects you to bring something to the table as a down payment. otherwise you get stuck with a high risk (and thus high interest) loan since nobody wants to loan $13k for a car they can only realistically sell for $10k. it's a losing situation for a bank to loan more for a car than it's worth.
I just financed 100% (including TTL and an extended warranty) on my E70 (purchase price a little over $20k). I've got good credit, and it was near free money at the low interest rate, so why not.

This is through a local credit union, I found they give way better terms than big banks.

'11 BMW X5 35i

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902