Nissan Road Racing Forums

Go Back   Nissan Road Racing Forums > Suspension > Shocks/Struts (Dampers)

Old 08-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Hide yo kids-hide yo wife

Send a message via AIM to CodyAce

Leaving mustangs in the dust, and making the 240's rust.
SUP

I still lurk :P

Old 08-08-2017, 02:00 PM

I will say the doubles were a little harsh on the street (not an issue for most of you, I realize), and after talking with MCS we ended up dropping the pressure. It's much better now though definitely still firm.

I expected the doubles to be just like the singles with a compression adjuster and that actually wasn't the case. The singles are linear in rebound and compression, where's as remote doubles are digressive on both.

Obviously this is for BRZ so it's apples to oranges, but this was my experience. I will say again, MCS has amazing customer service.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I will say the doubles were a little harsh on the street (not an issue for most of you, I realize), and after talking with MCS we ended up dropping the pressure. It's much better now though definitely still firm.

I expected the doubles to be just like the singles with a compression adjuster and that actually wasn't the case. The singles are linear in rebound and compression, where's as remote doubles are digressive on both.

Obviously this is for BRZ so it's apples to oranges, but this was my experience. I will say again, MCS has amazing customer service.
I wouldn't be surprised if the BRZ damper dyno plots are like what I shared above.
The BRZ and S-chassis are more similar than not. Bump looks fairly linear to me and rebound seems digressive. But, like you said, my car is a racecar yo so harshness compared to what I had is not noticeable. And, yes, their customer service is definitely what makes going with them so far very worth it.

Speaking of which, I made a fun video of a track/test day with MCS's first call of duty on my car. Adjusted throughout the day with help directly from MCS.

https://youtu.be/vw3EJLwz_6c