Nissan Road Racing Forums

Go Back   Nissan Road Racing Forums > Chassis > 240SX S13/S14/S15

Old 10-03-2017, 07:01 AM

haha yeah, still alive. just been racing the RX7 and the 240 has been sitting in the garage.. so little need to come on here and talk about it. I need to sell it before it falls apart.

Harvey tore Houston up pretty bad. we lost our flooring, and some cabinets and sheetrock, but are able to still live in the house. it's amazing the damage that 1/8" of water can do to a residence!!

All the race stuff was OK.. RX7 was up on jack stands in the garage, and the 240 was in the trailer. glad I put them both up, because the garage had about a foot of water in it and the shop had a couple inches. nothing major damaged in any of those- just some junk on the bottom shelves like brake rotors and whatnot that don't care about being wet..

So we did OK.. many of my local friends, not so much..
'04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
'96 240SX- The Track Toy
Old 10-03-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gills View Post
I'd say absolutely. That square spot is the OEM jacking point and where I always put jack stands and jack from. The spot above that in the interior is a good spot to terminate the A-pillar member of a roll cage as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
SCCA now allows a 12" or so piece of square tube along the pinch weld below spec miatas.. different chassis, but same problems with a lifetime of frequently jacking up a track car..

you might try a section of 3/4" square tube right against the pinch weld. As Gills also mentioned, that spot is just about where the downtube on my cage ties into the floor. been a while since I've looked at all of that, but it's about that spot.. at minimum, some of the pad covers that spot, so it's tied into the cage regardless.
Awesome info, thanks guys.

Matt, glad to hear you came out okay. It was crazy having a sunny day over here in Austin while yall continued to get hammered.
Mat #67 - '89 5.3L (L33/T56) 240SX Coupe [XP] - '00 C5 Z51 [BS] - '02 E46 Touring - '07 650R - '17 Z125
Old 10-03-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
haha yeah, still alive. just been racing the RX7 and the 240 has been sitting in the garage.. so little need to come on here and talk about it. I need to sell it before it falls apart.

Harvey tore Houston up pretty bad. we lost our flooring, and some cabinets and sheetrock, but are able to still live in the house. it's amazing the damage that 1/8" of water can do to a residence!!

All the race stuff was OK.. RX7 was up on jack stands in the garage, and the 240 was in the trailer. glad I put them both up, because the garage had about a foot of water in it and the shop had a couple inches. nothing major damaged in any of those- just some junk on the bottom shelves like brake rotors and whatnot that don't care about being wet..

So we did OK.. many of my local friends, not so much..
Yes, HARVEY, not Irma! Glad to hear mostly everything's ok. Some of the devastation looks horrific. If a hurricane that bad hits Long Island, the whole south shore of the Island is ****ed. Hurricane Sandy was only a tropical storm by the time it got up here and it caused massive damage.