Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dec. 2016

Did few things last night.

went to APR and picked up a gurney flap. Hope I can tell the difference.

Also rerouted my intake as I don't think pulling dirty air from the bottom is the smartest

Comment

Moved the AFR gauge up so I could actually see it

Comment

Nice build you have there. Thanks for sharing.
        First 300ZX to break 500whp on the Stock Turbo/Stock Long Block, boost only, no meth.
        Currently building sub-2800# 300zx Twin BW 6258 EFR, AMB Aero, TA-U & Road Race Car.

Comment

How do you like that APR wing? I keep wondering if I should get the flat one or the curvy one like that.

The flat one is nearly double the cost, so I'm guessing there's a reason for that.
          '95 240sx

Comment

Originally posted by induetime View Post
            Nice build you have there. Thanks for sharing.
            Thank you!

Originally posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
            How do you like that APR wing? I keep wondering if I should get the flat one or the curvy one like that.

The flat one is nearly double the cost, so I'm guessing there's a reason for that.
            I love the gtc-300. I have the angle of attack set at around 7 degrees (without the gurney flap). My understanding is that 3D foil is best used if you are mounting the wing below the roofline and 2D foil works better if you are mounting it higher than the roofline. Due to restriction set by time attack rule, most people use 3D foil (Enthusiast/street class).

Update :

Didn't get to go to Laguna seca as the wheel bearing on my 4runner decided to give out..

It would have been nice but I guess there is always next time.

Fixed the wheel bearing and took it off roading. Lots of fun.

Locked the key one day and this happened lol

I wanted to block off unnecessary openings on the front bumper.

I used NACA duct to pull in cold air to the intake

Still need to build a shield around the filter.

some carbon plate and duct tape to cover off rest of the area

started with the splitter. Store that sells allumalite was closed so will be working on that soon.

Happy new year!

Comment

Got done with the splitter :

started with 2 stacks of 3mm aluminum composite panels. I used liquid nail to hold them together.

used aluminum square tube to save weight on the bottom and welded some steel tubing to the bash bar.

stood on it to make sure it will handle the downforce.

I tore the middle of the panel and it started spreading so I reinforced it it with aluminum plate and carbon plate on top. Maybe I can use it for gopro mount in the future.

Comment

Just saw thread - great build!

I did a comp check on my sr a while ago and had 150 across the board as well. But that seems a bit low compared to many other engines (other than sr's). Seeing yours at 150 makes me happy though.

Where in socal are you? Oc? I'm in el Segundo and have a lift, welder, plasma, etc if you ever need anything. Email me at user name at yahoo

Comment

Originally posted by jfryjfry View Post
                  Just saw thread - great build!

I did a comp check on my sr a while ago and had 150 across the board as well. But that seems a bit low compared to many other engines (other than sr's). Seeing yours at 150 makes me happy though.

Where in socal are you? Oc? I'm in el Segundo and have a lift, welder, plasma, etc if you ever need anything. Email me at user name at yahoo
                  Cool! thanks for the generosity! I'm in inland (chino).

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................

Finally a track day!!

ACS event was cancelled due to rain..

Little hiccup going to Chuckwalla. tire tread decided to chunk off. My fault for not checking the age on it. Guy that sold me the trailer said they had "new" tires. :ugh:

Spent a night at this mansion. it was actually really convenient and comfortable.

Love to own a GTR!

YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'm hanging on to 4th gear because it popped out on me a few times.

I also forgot to take my camera so was borrowing a friend's gopro. Can't really see the track on this vid but hope you enjoy it.

Overall, car gained lots of grip in the front with the splitter and has a lot more neutral steer than before. Car started getting little hot as I pushed it more. I need to work on that and swap out my tranny :-/

Comment

So I found out why the car started getting hot (highest of the day was 235degree F). I pressurized the cooling system and found puddle of water below the water pump weep hole.

It was a brand new s13 water pump so I'm not sure why it failed..

Good thing I had defi warning! it saved my engine..

S13 VS. S14/15 pump

also changed out the tranny. I couldn't deal with 4th popping.

Interesting note : found the front cover cracked.. I'm guessing it's due to bad trans bearing.

Comment

I completely forgot about this thread..

To recap Global Time Attack :

Day 1. Car was running strong and during practice I ran 1:54.5x. This was my first time driving butttonwillow with this car so I thought to myself 'I have few seconds to reduce'
                      After noon, car starting smoking from the engine bay. I was chasing the problem.
                      Day 2. I found out that it was actually from the high pressure power steering hose benjo fitting which had a hairline crack. it would squirt oil right on to the header every time I turned the steering wheel. :rant2:
                      I decided to pack up and hope for more solid run next time.

YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Awesome! Please keep posting.

Let's get some better balanced rear brakes on there
                        Core4 Motorsports
                        CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
                        S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
                          Awesome! Please keep posting.

Let's get some better balanced rear brakes on there
                          Thanks Tom and yes I do want bigger brakes

12-9-2018
                          went to Streets of Willow CCW event with friends.

with new tires (275/35/18) and bit more torque (E85) I was able to shave 2 seconds from previous best. faster corvettes w/slicks do around 1:24 at this track so I'm pretty happy with 1:21.

YouTube Video

Comment

Working...
                          X