No announcement yet.

2_Liter_Turbo's '90 TH1 Skyline GTR Build Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you can always get the DefSport hookup on the dual efrs.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
      Well, you can always get the DefSport hookup on the dual efrs.
      Ha ha, indeed!

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
      96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

That's interesting about the R32 and R34. Not much different between them besides cosmetics and electronics. At any rate, both are a far cry from an R35. I've thought about an R33 for the underdog, ugly stepchild factor just like it's contemporary the Zenki s14. I've got a few more years to ponder.
        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

There's actually quite a bit in difference between the R32 and R34. Rear suspension is closest to being the same, but it has the same differences between an S13 and S15 respectively. The front suspension is fairly different. The R32 has the crappy Nissan specific front multilink setup that came on the P10/P11 FWD Chassis as well as the Z32. The R33 and R34 have an upper A-Arm very similar to the Z33/Z34 chassis. The R34 definitely has all the extra electronic "wizardry" going on controlling the Super Attessa and other systems.

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Found a brand new OEM Nissan front bumper and lip for a pretty good deal! My bumper and lip have some flaws that I didn't want to address when I get the car re-painted (factory color), so I picked these up instead. I've seen some other TH1 GTR's with a gray/black lip and I thought it looked pretty good, but I'm not totally sure if I want to go that route or paint it body color like my current lip. Did they always come body color from the factory? I'm open for discussion there.

Comment

Originally posted by turtl631 View Post
              Geoff from FR mentioned on another forum that the twin EFR RB26 kit is the best kit they've ever done for any car...
              It's been a long time since I talked to them, but before the EFRs first came out & they were displaying them @ SEMA I got to talk to Brett Mayes & Geoff, along with some of the BW guys a little bit. FWIR one of the lead EFR engineers was running twin 6258 on his Porsche & they expressed something about the combination of wheel sizes being the best they had ever come up with.
              First 300ZX to break 500whp on the Stock Turbo/Stock Long Block, boost only, no meth.
              Currently building sub-2800# 300zx Twin BW 6258 EFR, AMB Aero, TA-U & Road Race Car.

Comment

I know I haven't done any updates recently, car is down and waiting on a few parts, but I did get a brand new OEM cylinder head for the N1 engine build!

Hoping to get the parts in soon, then I will have a more substantial update (with work done, not just parts coming in, ha ha).

Comment

That's baller. This is a great build. Its nice to see a good build of a JDM car, I'm seeing lots of junky messed up cars on craigslist and forums. I call dibs if you were to decide to sell this beautiful thing someday
                  ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                  ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by turtl631 View Post
                    That's baller. This is a great build. Its nice to see a good build of a JDM car, I'm seeing lots of junky messed up cars on craigslist and forums. I call dibs if you were to decide to sell this beautiful thing someday
                    Thanks dude! And sorry, I plan to never sell it! Ha ha

I totally agree though, it's sad to see what a lot of kids do to these cars. Most end up selling within a year or two after ruining the car too. Totally sucks!

Comment

Working...
                    X