No announcement yet.

2_Liter_Turbo's New Project - 1996 240SX SE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWS has some pretty "aggressive" treatment of aluminum that's probably an "average" value. Design values for aerospace are much more conservative (95% confidence for 99% of population), so the knockdowns are much much higher for higher temperature exposure.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

• Interesting. Can you give an equivalent example from an aerospace standard?
      Core4 Motorsports
      CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
      S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

• Of strength lost versus temperature? At 200 deg F, there starts to be a transition to losing permanent properties with elevated exposure time. Intermittent exposure is ~20% lower yield strength from memory. Go up to 250 F and it's in the ~30% range for intermittent exposure. Hold that for ~10,000 hours and I want to say it's about 60-70% down below room temperature yield strength. They don't cite what it recovers to, but I assume the long exposure times are near permanent values.

This is from MMPDS, which is Metallic Materials Properties Development and Standardization. Formerly Mil-Handbook 5.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

• Lol, dang, talk about a "squirrel" moment! I've decided to keep the raw look, but not sure if I should do a clear powder-coat or not. And yes, it came with a clamp for the throttle body.

Has anyone done a drive by wire setup here btw? Looking into accelerator pedals to use (I've seen GM and Z pedals so far). The pedal in my Spec B Legacy looks like it may be a good fit, so I may toy with that, but curious what other people use.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
          96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Working...
          X