2_Liter_Turbo's New Project - 1996 240SX SE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2_Liter_Turbo's New Project - 1996 240SX SE

Well, I've decided to make the jump from an S13 to an S14. While I'm still working out motor issues in the S13, I will be just cleaning this S14 up a bit. Once the motor is completely broken in and tuned (and running great), I will be making the swap between chassis. Until then, I will be just adding miles to this car commuting to work, keeping the mileage off of my 2007 G35 Coupe . Picked this up a couple weeks ago for a reasonable price. It's a 96 240SX SE, but with no sunroof! I'm just shy of 6'4", so the extra headroom is nice! Everything works, including the AC. Paint is not the greatest, but the body is fairly straight (small dings).

I hadn't touched the car yet as of these pictures, so the exterior is pretty gross. Interior is pretty clean overall. Gotta love the 90's pattern... Ha ha.

The following pictures are after I had the chance to clean the car up a bit. Painted the lip because it was gross before, sanded down the headlights to make them clear again, and did what I could to the interior and exterior to make it look decent. The car definitely needs a paint job, but for now, this will do. Here are a couple pics of the exterior and one of the interior.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
    96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Nice. Wasn't expecting such a clean one to be a 5spd.
    '95 240sx

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, the guy I bought it from wasn't a dorifto kid, so I got lucky. He had a chinese exhaust and short shifter on it, because he wanted it more "sporty" lol. Those are going away ASAP... I was just happy to find a 5spd SE with no sunroof or ABS.

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Nice to see another ALO. I love my Ruby Pearl S14, can't wait to get it back on the road...
        VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

What's ALO? lol.

Comment

Is the All Trac gone?
            ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
            ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Yes. I sold the Alltrac. I was getting nowhere with two unfinished projects, lol. So I sold it and used the money to get my motor fixed and get a new chassis for the motor.

Comment

ALO = paint code for maroon or whatever they call that color.
                Originally posted by SoSideways
                I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Ahh got it. Thanks for the clarification, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 2_Liter_Turbo View Post
                    What's ALO? lol.
                    Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                    ALO = paint code for maroon or whatever they call that color.
                    Yes, Matt has it, and it's Ruby Pearl...
                    VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

Ricer mod!

New tail lights (sorry for the crap cell phone pic, lol)

Comment

Also have kouki lights on my zenki; Doesn't fit as well though.
                        '95 240sx

Comment

Are your alignment tabs on the lights broken or something?

Comment

Poor body work fixing the damage from backwards drifting into a guardrail of the previous owner. I had a wrecked kouki at the time so it was the easy / free way to get it through inspection.
                            '95 240sx

Comment

Ahh, that's a bummer dude! Stupid kids!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X