Diseaze: 300zxTT dedicated track car build blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diseaze: 300zxTT dedicated track car build blog

I have been a member here for a while now, but I don't really post here, so I thought I would share what I have going on. My 300zxTT track car has been under construction for a while now, however we just recently started a blog about the process. Check it out & let me know what you think. There will be many updates over the next 2 months.

http://arizonazproject.wordpress.com/
    First 300ZX to break 500whp on the Stock Turbo/Stock Long Block, boost only, no meth.
    Currently building sub-2800# 300zx Twin BW 6258 EFR, AMB Aero, TA-U & Road Race Car.

Call me crazy, but I've always been a closet fan of the Z32 Nice to see the build progress started!
    'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
    [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
    [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

I'm curious to see how you plan on fitting twin EFR's in the already cramped engine bay of the TT.
      VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

I love the z32's. I've owned a few but I parted them out. They absolutely suck to work on imo :/
        My Blog | Unfriendly Garage | Endurance Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by CodyAce View Post
          Call me crazy, but I've always been a closet fan of the Z32 Nice to see the build progress started!
          The Z32 was the first car I ever bought, I saved for 6.5 years from junior high to college to buy my first one & I haven't looked back yet. The suspension geometry is not the best, but I love the look.

Originally posted by jr_ss View Post
          I'm curious to see how you plan on fitting twin EFR's in the already cramped engine bay of the TT.
          It's already done, keep checking in for updates & you can see how. There is about 3/16" between the turbo to the frame rail or engine block. Nothing was modified, dented or cut on the chassis. I even kept the full stock AC (originally). I had it running in the local March event this year that was partnered with Modified Magazine Tuner Shoot Out. It was NOT easy, it took about 9 months to design, re-design, figure out & make.

Originally posted by PerilousActs View Post
          I love the z32's. I've owned a few but I parted them out. They absolutely suck to work on imo :/
          They do suck ass to work on. The only more difficult car I would say is s 3000gh VR4. But if you can handle a Z any thing is easy.

Updates in the future will be: Interview, cage build process, motor assembly, turbo system, fuel system, wiring, suspension, aero, dyno, track outing..... in no specific order.
          First 300ZX to break 500whp on the Stock Turbo/Stock Long Block, boost only, no meth.
          Currently building sub-2800# 300zx Twin BW 6258 EFR, AMB Aero, TA-U & Road Race Car.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyAce View Post
            Me too. I just kept telling myself for years they suck, now I believe it

Originally posted by induetime View Post
            Updates in the future will be: Interview, cage build process, motor assembly, turbo system, fuel system, wiring, suspension, aero, dyno, track outing..... in no specific order.

Comment

Here are a couple photos of my good buddies Z rolled 3.5 times. I had already had a minimized full roll cage scheduled for my "street Z" for 3 weeks after this event. After witnessing this (especially of a good friend, who is one of the nicest guys around) I decided to pick up my second Z chassis for a focus on safety track car build. A good cage is the best mod you can do on any car that will see track time.....

This car had a "Street Style" roll bar & 5 point harness only. It saved his life.

Comment

Here are a couple update "non-professional" pictures that I'm deciding to post on the blog or not.

Fully wrapped shock tower in formed plate steel is the most effective form of strengthening this area. A single plate on top of the shock aids in transferring energy to the rest of the vehicle in the event of a roll over, however it does little for torsional rotation resistance from what the chassis as a whole goes through under acceleration, braking, turning, etc.

If you look closely you can see multiple planes of bends to the top sheet as it contours the original body lines without airgaps underneath.

Comment

Ouch! That wrecked Z is indeed scary. Is your friend ok? What exactly happened?
                  '91 Silvia w/ S14 SR20DET - Track Car
                  '07 Subaru WRX STi - Daily

Comment

Safety is always huge... I was originally gonna get a roll bar until I saw this before and after flipping with an autopower:

Now just interested in a cage.

Comment

^^iirc that car had some stuff done improperly and when it rolled the cage basically punched through the floor...

When they showed pictures of it upside down the bottoms of the main hoop tubes were sticking straight up like exhaust stacks.
                      '06 wrx - DD

'89 s13 hatch - jackstand racing national champion

Comment

What he said. The guys that put the cage in didn't use anthing larger that the tiny floor plates that come on the ends of the tubes.
                        Nothing wrong with autopower cages, but you MUST install it right, including add larger reinforcement plates on the floor.
                        Originally posted by SoSideways
                        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by nismofly View Post
                          ^^iirc that car had some stuff done improperly and when it rolled the cage basically punched through the floor...

When they showed pictures of it upside down the bottoms of the main hoop tubes were sticking straight up like exhaust stacks.
                          Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                          What he said. The guys that put the cage in didn't use anthing larger that the tiny floor plates that come on the ends of the tubes.
                          Nothing wrong with autopower cages, but you MUST install it right, including add larger reinforcement plates on the floor.
                          Good to know... IIRC, it was Mazworx that posted those pics when selling their roll bar, which would make sense for a good selling point to not tell the full story.

Comment

The car has made some, but little progress lately. I have been putting my time into my street Z first. I had a used motor I intended to drop in, but after further inspection I decided it's best to machine the block & heads I have. No I will be doing a mild port work job on the heads starting in a week or so. It pushes everything behind more, but it takes time to be right & reliable. Expect some better pictures & detailed updates next weekend since my camera arrives this week.

Comment

After a week away on a business trip I spent the second half of the day making progress on the Z. With the help a my buddy Alex, I was able to get the spare tire area cut out & then we sanded, cleaned & then painted the cage. Check it out ---> http://arizonazproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X