No announcement yet.

2_Liter_Turbo's 1992 240SX Coupe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A/R are you running? Those are great numbers on a GT3071R on a DET head.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

• Compressor:
      56 trim / 71mm compressor wheel (max flow rate of 53 lb/min)
      0.50 AR compressor housing

Turbine
      84 trim / 60mm turbine wheel
      .78 A/R turbine housing

Not sure if you saw my head flow chart, but I actually flow a little better than a VE head on the exhaust side, but a little short on the intake side. This is my ported DE head vs Stock VE. A ported VE would be a lot better, ha ha.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
      96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Seraphim38 View Post
        Anybody have any suggestions for z32 transmissions? The first one I bought had a compromised bearing and the second one has a compromised fourth gear synchro. Fortunately the second one I bought has a warranty, but I find myself really wishing there was an aftermarket heavy duty z32 trans setup that could be purchased and then I could be done with it.
        If you want to stay Z32, either rebuild it (which is what I did, cost me about $750 OTD) or purchase the 98+ spec trans ($1800). They are suppose to have been built with better synchro material.
        VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

• Little dyno video I threw together, lol

http://youtu.be/9x0_3CSASM4

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

• Well, back to the S13, she is officially fully retired. Last night I pulled the SR out for the final time. The chassis will be sold to my kid brother to do as he pleases, so all of my 240 enthusiasm will be fully on the S14 from here on out. The S13 served me well over the years, but it's time to move on. This car has actually been the longest single car I've ever owned (2007-2016), which is saying something to those that know my car buying/selling habits! This exact engine has been with me for even longer as it powered my first 240 as well (2005), and it has approximately 210k miles on it (built around 200k). This is assuming the engine had 60k on it when I got it, ha ha. Who knows really.

Anyways, this how I parked her the last time she moved under the SR's power:

Last engine bay shot just because... it's dirty!

Engine coming out!

Engine on the ground ready for the stand:

Engine is in it's new temporary home while it gets a full inspection and refresh where needed. It will also get insanely cleaned up (for those that know my level of OCD, ha ha):

Comment

• Nice work!

Love your collection of Nissans.
              Core4 Motorsports
              CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
              S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• What are the plans for that SR that just came out? Placing it into the S14 eventually?
                  '95 240sx

Comment

• Well, I will be updating the turbo, checking everything internally to make sure everything is good, putting a few extra upgrades, resealing everything, and cleaning everything up before putting it into the S14. Hoping to get the SR in the S14 before the March 11 event here in Arizona, but it all depends on time and scheduling. I'm also starting a new business, so I'm pretty busy, ha ha!

Comment

• Well, just before Christmas, I towed the S13 away and handed it off to my brother. That's a wrap on that chassis! From here on out, everything is solely on the S14 and the SR that's making its way in it. So I guess this thread will not receive any additional updates, to see the continuation of my 240 mischief, see the S14's build thread:

http://nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=4075

Snapped a couple pics the morning I towed it to California:

Comment

Working...
                      X