No announcement yet.

Dilema; 6 speed or not to 6 speed (new issue). Need opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, they went to 240 mm in the CD009 change to help the synchros out.

Here's a poorly formatted version:

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/173-...smissions.html
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

The CD009 are the later version. Hmmmmm

So twin plate or something like a FX400 then?? There are not many options for single jingle. However, 400+ w torque is only for the couple of dyno hits. 250-300 w torque is the consistent target. Maybe just stick with my Comp Stage 4 and see how it holds up.

Comment

Honestly, clutches have a safety factor on holding torque, because when you spin them at full clamp load they die very quickly.

That said, a twin disk makes the trans shift like butter because the synchros have so little work to do.

If you're really going to be belting out 400+ wtq, you might want to think about putting together a cerametallic Tilton twin disk setup. All the off the shelf twin disks from US mfg use metallic disks which will not last long on the street.

Trying to do it in a streetable single disk is impossible IMO. It'll be some cerametallic gorilla clutch.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Why bother if it would just be turned up on the dyno? Not trying to be a dick, just seems like you can get something that will work if you don't go for the max power.
          ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
          ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

You have a build thread? I have no idea what your big picture setup looks like. Toss one up, keep nrr alive...
            ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
            ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Oh absolutely! I just picked up a twin disk for cheap and then it all spiraled down hill from there lol

I am just going to run what I have and see what happens. The gearbox is actually pretty easy to drop if I have to do it in this chassis

Comment

Originally posted by RalliartRsX View Post
                Oh absolutely! I just picked up a twin disk for cheap and then it all spiraled down hill from there lol

I am just going to run what I have and see what happens. The gearbox is actually pretty easy to drop if I have to do it in this chassis
                That's nice. Can't drop mine without lowering the entire front subframe with engine about 2 inches. Next time I have it out I need to clearance the tunnel.
                Core4 Motorsports
                CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
                S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Working...
                X