No announcement yet.

1980 Datsun B210? Street Mod potential?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 Datsun B210? Street Mod potential?

Last of the front engine, rear drive B's. it's a stick-axle but in '80 they upgraded to a 4-link setup. It came with an A-series engine but that's moot. It has a back seat so it can run in SM vs. SSM and it only weighs around 2000lbs in stock trim. (?)
    Don Johnson (really!)
    Just so you know.

This may not be much help, but a friend of mine runs his 510 in sm with an na ka motor on street tires.

He gets beat by an evo RS on Hoosiers and that's about it.
    1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
    1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
    2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

Originally posted by Black R View Post
      This may not be much help, but a friend of mine runs his 510 in sm with an na ka motor on street tires.

He gets beat by an evo RS on Hoosiers and that's about it.
      Thanks for the reference point. The dimes are great but the prices are sky-high anymore. Datsun built a gajillion of them but they've mostly turned back to earth....,
      Don Johnson (really!)
      Just so you know.

Comment

Would the composite body panel rule allow a composite bed? It might make the rear too light, but think of how sweet that'd be.

Sounds like it could work ok assuming you can get the suspension reasonably happy with SM rules, then get the power down. If you end up with something like a 65/35 weight dist, you could be in trouble.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Thanks for the thought, but moot now that I've settled on the S14. I studied the B210 chassis and it would be a bear to get the balance decent and you can't modify the firewall in SM to move the engine back. If it was IRS I might be able to squeeze in a T56 transaxle, but it wasn't so that's moot as well.
          Don Johnson (really!)
          Just so you know.

Comment

Working...
          X