Surprised How Dead NRR Is!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprised How Dead NRR Is!

I thought NRR would be somewhat resistant to FB and other social media platforms since the majority of the members were more hardcore motorsports guys that don't really care for social media. Sad to see NRR not as active as before. I've been MIA for awhile due to life stuff, but am getting back into the swing of things, so I'm aiming to be more involved. Have we tried reaching out to more motorsports minded people? There are only a small group of Nissan guys that race with me in the local NASA chapter, and I can't seem to get them on here, ha. They don't really do social media either, but still, would be nice to get more involvement here so we can bounce ideas around and what not.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
    96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Nothing new. NRR has been dead for years...

I sometimes wonder why I still post, but occasionally I see some interesting stuff here and it's not like it's hard to keep up with the 0.6 posts/day we average across the whole site.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

It was a lot more active back in 2010-2015-ish. I was more involved then as well, so I'm just as at fault. Just sucks, the only forum that seems to be surviving is Zilvia. Did ownership of NRR ever change hands? Or are we still at the mercy of "veilside" (I forgot his real name, it's been awhile)?

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

He still owns it AFAIK. I offered to buy it and help rejuvenate the forum around the 2015ish timeframe and it never went anywhere.

Comment

I remember Alex talking about that as well, but never knew what came of it. Would be awesome to finally get it in the hands of those who have an interest and get it revived. Zilvia is OK, but I've always liked NRR more, lol.

Comment

Richard still owns it. We chat here and there but his brother is the one doing the admin work, generally. I'm here 10x a day but obv not much activity to moderate, even on the spam bot end of things.

At some level, the ownership probably doesn't matter too much when there's not that many people playing in this space any more. The real kiss of death was 12-18months or however long it was where registration wasn't working right.

Comment

I still visit the site looking for all of the interesting builds with the sporadic updates.

I'm trying to work up my motivation to share the build I've been working on. Very thankful for def's help on getting all of the parts so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by e1_griego View Post
                Richard still owns it. We chat here and there but his brother is the one doing the admin work, generally. I'm here 10x a day but obv not much activity to moderate, even on the spam bot end of things.

At some level, the ownership probably doesn't matter too much when there's not that many people playing in this space any more. The real kiss of death was 12-18months or however long it was where registration wasn't working right.
                Yeah, the registration thing definitely hurt. But where did all the OGs go?

Comment

Originally posted by e1_griego View Post
                  .....The real kiss of death was 12-18months or however long it was where registration wasn't working right.

^^This. I had a couple of people reach out to me through YouTube asking about getting registered for the site during that time.

I've been trying my best to keep posting in here and instill life. I'm late to the party though.

Interesting tidbit, the most users ever online was 10/24/2018 so it's not like there's not traffic coming through here. People just don't register and/or post. Maybe because the information already on here is that good?? Or people are intimidated to post? Or people just don't post on forums anymore because all they care about are surface level glam photos on IG???
                  Core4 Motorsports
                  CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
                  S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Pretty sure that traffic is spam bots lol. But yeah, forums are obviously dying anyway.

Realistically there isn't much reason to pick up a 240 these days to play with. Prices are high, you have to change every single part to make it better, and things 350z's are getting mighty cheap.

Comment

Yea, most the cars I see for sale are pretty pricey for what they offer. Not really well modded, aftermarket is kinda drying up.

A Z33 is likely cheaper to turn into a "reasonably quick" track car if you want to stay Nissan at this stage, but there are still some bargains based on the really modded S chassis that are here and there. Most of them came from regulars of this forum.

Comment

Not really fair, because it's family, but I'm buying my brother's S13 fastback for 4k. Clean running car with AC. SR, S15 T28, Greddy FMIC, HKS exhaust, VLSD, all V13 adjustable arms/solid bushings, Z brakes, and crap ksport coilovers. Plus free delivery from Georgia to my house, ha. But yeah, I've been looking for another 240 to buy lately (before my brother offered his), and everything is either complete ****, or priced out of what I'd ever pay for one.

At any rate, I know forums are dying in general, but I was hoping that NRR would survive decently since most of the guys on here are stubborn bastards like myself, ha.

And I'm just not a fan of the Z33. I'd take an S-Chassis over it any day, but that's just personal preference. Z34's are a little better, but still "meh" IMO.

Comment

I still check in weekly to see any updates on builds / have a read. NRR is a #1 source of information I can actually trust. Everyone here seems very knowledgeable and helpful. Maybe Ill throw up a build to keep the forums more active!

Comment

I think its dead because all the information you need is already posted here. Any question I have I search and its been discussed 90% of the time. A lot of people here have already finished building or paused due to children. That takes away from the discussions too

Comment

I'm one of the many that visit but don't post. Mainly because I almost never have anything intelligible to add and I've made no progress on either of my cars. I like reading on the progress of those who still post and build, gives me hope that I can start the same soon. Reading all the discussions has also lead me to better ideas for my build, I can say I've learned from just lurking and reading from you guys.
                              '79 Datsun 280ZX-Awaiting the day I decide to actually work on it.
                              '05 Nissan 350Z Track-Weekend/track duties. Gets some of the the attention the 280ZX doesn't.
                              '08 Toyota Tundra-Daily/tow rig.

Comment

Working...
                              X