No announcement yet.

Mixed Emotions On Parting w/ S-Chassis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that Honda is taking a heavy handed approach to possibly modded cars.

What kind of warranty work were you having done that initially triggered things?
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
      Interesting that Honda is taking a heavy handed approach to possibly modded cars.

What kind of warranty work were you having done that initially triggered things?
      I had a CEL. It showed a "P2261" fault code - turbo charger bypass valve. The ECU was reading boost pressure that was higher than normal.

It was caused by a loose connector on the faulty harness. It was reported several times by owners and Honda Techs on the Civic X forums, but they assumed it was caused by a re-flashed ECU. I made sure I documented everything so other owners would benefit from my misfortune.
      '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
      '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
      '04 TSX 6MT - DD
      Previous HPDE Cars: '17 Civic Type R, '02 Golf GTI, '99 Integra GS-R, '97 200SX SE-R, '96 240SX, '92 240SX

Comment

That's irritating for sure. New released cars like the Type-R always have dealers finding intricate ways to deny warranty work. Same thing happened with the WRX/STi and EVO owners when they first came out 16 years ago.
        Core4 Motorsports
        CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
        S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

I can relate and also didn't buy an EVO for stories from friends of similar BS. Mitsubishi corporate was definitely worse at voiding warranties. One acquaintance took it to a Mitsubishi sponsored autocross had a warranty claim denied because the car was 'raced.' It was a huge fight to get his claim covered.

Luckily my Honda DPSM finally started listening to me after I started taking it in on a flat bed after I purchased (and had the dealer install) a new $800 OEM ECU and it threw the the same codes several times.

If I bought the car in Mississippi I would have been out of luck for lemon law but luckily I purchased it in New York so I still had several months to file a complaint.

I'll miss the CTR but it wasn't really suited as a dual purpose car for the poorly maintained roads around here. Reminds me of Pittsburgh with lower inclines.
          '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
          '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
          '04 TSX 6MT - DD
          Previous HPDE Cars: '17 Civic Type R, '02 Golf GTI, '99 Integra GS-R, '97 200SX SE-R, '96 240SX, '92 240SX

Comment

Did you get refunded for the OEM ECU? Honestly, it seems most "consumer car brands" that happen to sell a hot model or two are generally horrible at providing warranty coverage for them.

More $$$ metal like BMWs and Porsches tend to be a lot better at the warranty/customer service side of thing on a new car, but you definitely pay for it.
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Wow, that's some serious bull****. My M3 is out of warranty now so no more hand wringing about the tune. I just get to take it up the a$$ if something lets go in the engine.

Did you replace the CTR with something or is that maybe the S14?

I LOLed at your wife not being a fan of the exterior...who is? I love hatches and wagons, and Honda somehow created an ugly shape with lots of utility that doesn't look cool at all. And the random extras don't help either. New Supra suffers from the same business. Makes me want to own an FD or NSX someday all the more.
              ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
              ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by turtl631 View Post
                Wow, that's some serious bull****. My M3 is out of warranty now so no more hand wringing about the tune. I just get to take it up the a$$ if something lets go in the engine.

Did you replace the CTR with something or is that maybe the S14?

I LOLed at your wife not being a fan of the exterior...who is? I love hatches and wagons, and Honda somehow created an ugly shape with lots of utility that doesn't look cool at all. And the random extras don't help either. New Supra suffers from the same business. Makes me want to own an FD or NSX someday all the more.

There are certain angles I like with the new Supra and some I just don't get. The line of the hood and 2-piece front quarter fenders just doesn't work. But, overall, it's much easier on the eyes than the CTR, IMO.
                Core4 Motorsports
                CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
                S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Working...
                X