What battery and layout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Fass240us View Post
    Nevar thought about that. What do you propose? A different type of grommet?
    Most stereo shops have hard plastic snap in grommets for really, really large wire

I have a few lying around from my stereo days if you are interested Andy, I could give 'em to Aaron the next time I see him.

Comment

Exactly. There are large, sturdy grommets to be had from higher-end car stereo shops. I think they're a bit more than 50c though, and they can be a pain to install deep under the dash. Also watch the jacket diameter on the cable versus the hole in the plastic grommet.

I'd run the cable down the passenger side frame rail. The only real issue there is getting past the passenger seat crossbrace. Just be sure to secure it there and it'll be fine. Add your nice grommet near where the ECU harness goes through the firewall, then run the cable directly to the starter. Now you can run your old battery cable back to the starter as well. Done. If you still have AC, watch how the cable runs near the components under the dash. The grommet will force the cable to go through the firewall at a 90* angle, plus that cable doesn't bend very tightly. There's a lot of pointy raw edges under there that make me nervous.
      She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

Originally posted by ecugrad View Post
        Most stereo shops have hard plastic snap in grommets for really, really large wire

I have a few lying around from my stereo days if you are interested Andy, I could give 'em to Aaron the next time I see him.
        Sounds good, I'll take em.

Comment

When I ran my amps power cable through my firewall I accidentally drilled through a part of the sheet metal that curved enough so that I couldn't get a rubber grommet in it. I ended up just using gutter sealant all the way around the cable and it worked great.

Comment

I still have the stock battery for now, but I plan to upgrade to a buddy club racing spec battery soon. From the research that I have done it has the best combination of weight, cca, and price. It is mounted in a taylor "sealed" battery box behind the passenger's seat.
            function > form
            1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

Working...
            X