Brake pad setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pad setup

What pad setup are you running? Same compound? Split? Depends on track? My next pads will be hawk blue all around.....but might be a little unstable under hard braking....

Hawk HT-10 for me. very happy, but I'm at ~150whp.. no turbos here so brake temps aren't nearly as high as some of youz guys.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

DTC-60's up front, HP+ in the rear work for me on Z32 brakes. Going to be upgrading the fronts to 12.2" Wilwoods since the front Z32 rotors take a big beating from that much power(~300rwhp).
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Just Don't use the blues when its wet outside. Your wheels will thank you.

Comment

I use 350Z/Wilwood with Wilwood BP20 up front and Z31/Altima with EBC YellowStuff in the rear. The two compounds are pretty well matched to each other in terms of their friction/temperature graphs.

Comment

I use hawk blues all around and am happy with the bias. I've ran blue's front/HPS's rear and about looped the car in the first hard braking zone!
            -Monty

Comment

Front:
              Cobra Rotors+Z32 Calipers
              Carbotech XP12

Rear:
              2003 Altima Rotors+Stock SE Calipers
              Carbotech XP10

It's like throwing out an anchor when they get hot...absolutly love them! They don't tear up rotors either, so double win. No fade issues ever either, so that's nice as well
              'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
              [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
              [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by CodyAce View Post
                Front:
                Cobra Rotors+Z32 Calipers
                Carbotech XP12

Rear:
                2003 Altima Rotors+Stock SE Calipers
                Carbotech XP10

It's like throwing out an anchor when they get hot...absolutly love them! They don't tear up rotors either, so double win. No fade issues ever either, so that's nice as well
                surprised by how little i hear people talk about Carbotech.....my Vette friend's love them

Comment

Originally posted by floodo1 View Post
                  surprised by how little i hear people talk about Carbotech.....my Vette friend's love them
                  I absolutly love Carbotech! They have been the best friends with my rotors, and seem to have worked the best (in general) as well. Ran the Panther+ on my Altima, the Bobcats on my Maxima, and the XP 12/10 on the 240...hell the same set of Bobcats have lasted nearly 40,000 miles...that's awesome for an upgraded pad if you ask me

Only complaint is that they dust a lot...but, I clean my car once a week as it is, so it doesn't effect me that much.

Comment

I have a set of Carbotech XP10 (I think) for wilwood superlite that I used on my maxima for like 2 track days. I don't track the car anymore and need to get rid of these pads. someone want 'em for a fair price?
                    Originally posted by SoSideways
                    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

what freakin bad timing, we JUST bought and installed pads on my buddies car Friday...and he has superlites...damn!

Comment

For road course, I have been using the Carbotech XP12s in the front and axxiss ultimates in the rear. Works well and the carbotechs have lasted 2 seasons now. I use them with their own rotors only at the track. I use axxiss ultimates all the way around for autocross. Cheap and work really well.
                        Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
                        TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

any y'all run cobalt's? i just got xr3 fronts which i will be trying out in couple weeks. http://www.cobaltfriction.com/compounds

Comment

Yeah, Casey, (SR20goofus) seems to like the xr3's...
                            -Monty

Comment

hawk blues are all i've run on the track in my limited experience and i can't complain.. just don't like the wheel destroying dust.

Comment

Working...
                              X