Custom Koni 8611 Struts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Koni 8611 Struts

Very nice... can't wait to have a pair of these on the front of the 240!!!
    -Monty

Originally posted by McCoy
    For that matter I can't wait to get some on the race car either.=)
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

and here yours are...well before they left for the powdercoaters...

Comment

Ahhh, your just teasing me now
        -Monty

Comment

Ahhh, your just teasing me now
          Why...yes...yes I am. lol

Comment

Jeez, that's nice. Are the springs and perches sourced from GC? I would love a setup like this, but I think still being on stock KA power is a more pressing concern. Tweaking DA dampers would be hell too, I need more experience to be able to have any degree of success doing that.
            ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
            ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

The springs and perches are sourced from Ground Control, but you can use others as well. Dampers still go a long ways even on an underpowered vehicle. With good tires and proper suspension on it you should basically be able to drive flat out pretty much all the time.
              Originally posted by turtl631
              Jeez, that's nice. Are the springs and perches sourced from GC? I would love a setup like this, but I think still being on stock KA power is a more pressing concern. Tweaking DA dampers would be hell too, I need more experience to be able to have any degree of success doing that.

Comment

[quote=veilside180sx]The springs and perches are sourced from Ground Control, but you can use others as well. Dampers still go a long ways even on an underpowered vehicle. With good tires and proper suspension on it you should basically be able to drive flat out pretty much all the time. Werd

Comment

My track car is also my street car and dampers do nothing to make it more fun to drive around town though. I have Stance coilovers too, which for sure aren't the greatest, but they'll do for now. Stock KA power won't
                  ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                  ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

i beg to differ in that department. My Koni's with springs rates that are more stiff than your Stance's...ride considerably better on the street. (they also handle better=)
                    Originally posted by turtl631
                    My track car is also my street car and dampers do nothing to make it more fun to drive around town though. I have Stance coilovers too, which for sure aren't the greatest, but they'll do for now. Stock KA power won't

Comment

Monty, I'm game for these down the road when I am able to outdrive my AGX's or they die, whichever's first.

Comment

Over the next month I should have about 10 complete sets ready to go...which = no waiting=) For the S13 I'll be setting them up 8611 F/ 8610 R (but you can easily opt for an 8611 in the rear as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Fass240us
                          Monty, I'm game for these down the road when I am able to outdrive my AGX's or they die, whichever's first.
                          I actually prefer my AGX's on the Sentra (at the proper ride height) to the Silkroad coilovers I have on the car right now. The only issue that I had with the AGX's for the S13 was that you couldn't lower the car at all and the aftermarket springs were not stiff enough for my liking. Richard... don't forget the 8610F/8610R combo for the S13 ; -)
                          -Monty

Comment

Ok, ok...you can opt down for the 8610/8610 setup too=)

Comment

How they looked before it started.=) Here's a few tubes freshly cut (but not cleaned up) and getting ready to make their way to the machinest to be threaded. This is what the wood was there for as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X