No announcement yet.

KYB GR2 worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yea, you also want to do something with the front tension rods - you'll gain a ton of performance there. DO NOT USE URETHANE BUSHINGS THERE THOUGH!!! Too much friction.

Spherical or hardened rubber bushing only.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
      Oh yea, you also want to do something with the front tension rods - you'll gain a ton of performance there. DO NOT USE URETHANE BUSHINGS THERE THOUGH!!! Too much friction.

Spherical or hardened rubber bushing only.
      Ah good point. I have a set laying around. I guess as long as I keep within stock caster I should be ok.

I have a Fastrax camber/caster gauge but never tried checking caster with it. Not sure how precise it is.

Comment

Matt, I noticed a post from you mentioning fabbing your own power brace, would you say it was worth it?

What about rear strut bar (hatchback)?

Comment

I also just noticed that Summit does offer the Bilstein front S13 replacement, part# 34-050231.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...0231/overview/

Should I still go with the 3kgt ones for the harder valving and possibly slight drop?

Comment

Ok so over 2 months later I still haven't received the shocks I ordered from Summit.

There has also been some development. I competed at the 1st round and came to a couple of conclusions:

-I don't enjoy driving this car competitively with the stock suspension. It has way too much roll and handling quirks for me to really love pushing the car. Riding in an S2000 and Focus RS was an eye opener in that regard. I want my car to track flat and steady. Not roll hard, then understeer, then snap or power oversteer. The last track layout was basically one huge slalom, which was just killing me.

-My initial thought of being more competitive in the 'lower class' is wrong. I fell on my ass when realising that the rules consider my stock 240sx on equal footing with the 3 cars that beat me: 2017 Civic Si, Fiat Abarth and 1st place Fiesta ST. All turbo modern chassis performance cars. No way can I compete when my stock suspension is considered equivalent to their stock suspension.

So I decided to get up to the next class. I have a set of brand new Apexi N1 ExV coilovers laying around. I will be installing them before the next event along with an appropriate alignment and see how the car tracks then.

After that I will see. Should I cancel the Bilsteins? Or would they be a noticeable upgrade to the Apexi when matched to proper springs if they ever arrive?
            Last edited by Crazyced; 05-15-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X