No announcement yet.

Strut body / housing thread diameter and pitch database

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread insists that teins are 53mm, and that thread has people saying the tein mono's and others are 52.0. Would be nice to know whats really up, I think teins pricing was pretty good on the rings and perches iirc.

Their website says 53x2.0, 56x2.0, 58x3.0, 60x1.75, 61.5x3.0

But who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28ricer View Post
      The two comp mounts i've got sitting here with a 2.0, and the 8 pro perches and 8 locking rings that are 1.5, when I needed 1.5 mounts and 2.0 rings.

As well as the advertising for the pro's as finer pitch to reduce loosening.
      Well then. That would be awesome for me then, no special ordering Pro mounts to put on my Tanabes.

As far as the Tein's, I would tend to think an odd size like M53 would just be a typo on their site. I'm trying to think if I know anyone with some to measure.
      S12 || N13 || S13 || B16

Comment

Originally posted by NismoPlsr View Post
        Well then. That would be awesome for me then, no special ordering Pro mounts to put on my Tanabes.

As far as the Tein's, I would tend to think an odd size like M53 would just be a typo on their site. I'm trying to think if I know anyone with some to measure.

240sxTTC already said he measured his HE's, I'm just wondering if maybe the newer monoflex's went to 52, who knows for sure.

But yes, for tanabes you can just get the comp's, unfortunately now for me i'm going to have some extra 52x1.5 upper spring perches sitting around, the rest i've got a use for, and my new housings will end up 52x2 instead of 1.5 so that I can get the rear Z32 comp mounts and just stick with one thread pitch.

Comment

Updated the first page to reflect the PSM learning. I will try to add everyone's inputs later when I have time.
          S12 || N13 || S13 || B16

Comment

i have tanabe sustec pro 7's and they are M50 x 2.0

just wanted to add to the thread since it helped me narrow down my options to 0 so far haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatche View Post
              i have tanabe sustec pro 7's and they are M50 x 2.0

just wanted to add to the thread since it helped me narrow down my options to 0 so far haha.
              What application? The pro7's in the first post are from my s13 version that I measured. Now you are making me doubt myself. I will check again this weekend, I'll also double check to see if the PBM z32 lowers will screw on.
              S12 || N13 || S13 || B16

Comment

You have to keep in mind when measuring, that if they use 70% thread or 50% thread, your diameter could be off almost 2mm because the crests are not there...

Imagine chopping the top 1/3 off of a triangle, you get a shorter trapezoid
                http://responsetype.com/shop/

Comment

What application? The pro7's in the first post are from my s13 version that I measured. Now you are making me doubt myself. I will check again this weekend, I'll also double check to see if the PBM z32 lowers will screw on.
                  my application is also on a s13. the only company that I have found that might have the size bottom mounts is fortune auto. but i have not purchased them yet

Comment

Bumping this old thread for a few reasons, partly because it always takes me forever to look this up for some reason and this will subscribe me, also wanted to compile all the info.

Brand____________Model___________Diameter x Thread pitch____________Source
                    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Bilstein.................. PSS9.......................... M52x1.5

Buddy Club........... Racing Spec ................M55x2.0 .........verified with pitch guage and vernier caliper.

Greddy ...............Type-S (old version) .......M50 x 2.0

ISR ........................ All ........................... M55.2.0 ............................. cache:www.z31performance.com/

JIC....................... FLT-A2 ......................53.7x2.5

Ksport.....................Kontrol Pro (chrome)...........M50

Ksport....................2009 and newer...................M52

KTS ....................... All ........................... M55x2.0 .............................

Megan Racing ........... All ........................ M50x1.5 .............................. http://www.meganracing.com/tech/faqs

PSM .................... Competition ............... M52x2 .............................. www.gtfactory.jp

PSM .......................... Pro ...................... M52x1.5 ............................ "

TEIN .....................HE, mono Flex .....M53x2.0 http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/other_parts.html

Tein .............. Super Drift, Mono Flex ........ M52x2.0 ............................ " but random internet user

Tanabe............ Sustec pro 7 .....................M50 x 2.0

Tanabe ................. Sustec Pro 7 .............. M52x2.0 ............................. Measured

Silkroad ...............Section RM/A8...............M52x 2.0

Stance .................. All ............................ M55x2.0 ............................. 88hybrid.com
                    Last edited by cdlong; 07-17-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cdlong View Post
                      Bumping this old thread for a few reasons, partly because it always takes me forever to look this up for some reason and this will subscribe me, also wanted to compile all the info.

I can add some information as well.

I have been looking for this info so I can get the correct Z32 rear mount, According to this I am **** out of luck as well.

Greddy Type-S (old version) m50 x 2.0 - I measured them myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X