Can someone identify these?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone identify these?

Can someone identify these coilovers? Apparently they use koni 8611-1257 inserts.

https://imgur.com/a/f0uLR3P

That's a setup veilside (forum member) built and sold years ago. Looks like V1 front housings and s13 rear housings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scores240 View Post
      That's a setup veilside (forum member) built and sold years ago. Looks like V1 front housings and s13 rear housings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Thanks. Is it a good setup? How much is it worth?

Comment

I ended up buying the set for 1200$. Now I need some z32 uprights. lol

Comment

Could someone confirm if those are V1 or V2 housing? I'v seen pictures of V1 and V3 and these don't look quite like either. But I've never seen pictures of V2.

Also can someone tell me the main differences between V1, 2 and 3? I've looked around but info is sparse, especially for V2.

Comment

Wish I could help you out more, but those were sold here well before my time. Perhaps there were changes in the strut mounting tabs offset for tire clearance and better manufacturing methods? Def probably knows more detail since he is an OG.
            Core4 Motorsports
            CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
            S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Those are V2 front housings. The V1 had basically no travel up front, the V2s gave another inch or so, the V3s about an inch on top of that.

The V3s will run the tire into the unibody on full travel, so losing that inch won't be horrible, but you'll likely be into the bumpstops more than if you had a V3 set of struts.
              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
              X