X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttonwillow #13CW S13.

My in car vid,
    PB (personal best) at the moment.
    where are the other socal track junkies?

http://youtu.be/pPcGg2FFcsc

new pb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=nz36vOGbYxc
    Last edited by hOngsterr; 05-14-2014, 01:22 PM.
    - Hong

love it. Thanks for the video. I will be away from my car for a week and a half as I am working in London until the 10th, so it's nice to be able to live vicariously through other's track experiences.

Comment

just went there yesterday.

what does pb at the moment mean?

looked like fun. they made you cut that back straight short, but still looked like fun.

removing cute puppet might help with shifting.

Comment

Personal best.

Comment

What's up guys I'm new to this form and racing my s13! This is my second s13 but I have big plans for it!! Well here's my dec22 buttonwillow event any pointers or what ever is welcomed!! http://youtu.be/bQb19yFgPzM

Comment

http://youtu.be/nz36vOGbYxc

any input about my driving/improvement areas etc let me know
            open ears to get better.
            - Hong

Comment

Feels good to pass a vette, eh?

Id say It's time for a good seat, harness and roll bar. For your girl friend too. .

Comment

You look like you're really having a hard time staying in the seat-- hunched over the wheel and leaning all over the place in the turns.. that affects confidence and consistency.. get yourself strapped into the seat better and/or a better seat. makes a world of difference in your driving.
                Originally posted by SoSideways
                I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by jfryjfry View Post
                  Feels good to pass a vette, eh?

Id say It's time for a good seat, harness and roll bar. For your girl friend too. .
                  only feel good is when you pass someone who you been chasing

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                  You look like you're really having a hard time staying in the seat-- hunched over the wheel and leaning all over the place in the turns.. that affects confidence and consistency.. get yourself strapped into the seat better and/or a better seat. makes a world of difference in your driving.
                  I had a buddy club seat never got to use it but sold it, now saving up for RECARO SPG. Others told me after i get a bucket i should be able to shave off about 1-3 seconds.
                  - Hong

Comment

Originally posted by hOngsterr View Post
                    My in car vid,
                    PB (personal best) at the moment.
                    where are the other socal track junkies?

http://youtu.be/pPcGg2FFcsc

nice vid man. im looking into hitting the track but my stock car is way underpowered

Comment

Originally posted by Juantwo3 View Post
                      nice vid man. im looking into hitting the track but my stock car is way underpowered
                      I drove a stock car before I got to where I am, I'm not fast, just enjoying and learning driving the car and upgrading as I go. Don't be lame
                      - Hong

Comment

Lol alright alright im gona have to go soon!

Comment

A little late to the party - but lose the puppet on the shifter, and work on your driving position. You don't have to move around like you are with a stock seat by any stretch. Stop putting your elbows out and adjusting your grip on the wheel. 2 hands at 9 and 3 except when you shift, then hand goes back to 3. Elbows slightly bent straight out in front of you.

You're also going way way way beyond what the front tires can give you. Learn to feel for the sweet spot in the slip angle vs. traction curve and keep the front tires there. You'll be faster, and your tires will last longer. You're also not feeding in much throttle in turns, probably because you might spin with the wheel cranked way past optimal slip angle. So be smoother and tidier with your steering inputs and you can rotate the throttle after the apex.

Work on looking ahead, most students I've had that have abrupt inputs are not looking far enough ahead.

You've got the natural speed, you just need to work on technique and you'll go way faster.

BTW - Recaro SPG only fits a 31-32" waist max, so just make sure that's comfortable to you. It is not something I'd want to daily since your ballz end up a little crushed trying to drive it on the street if you're not a super tiny JDM dude.
                          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Great feedback Def. I appericiate it. I will take what you said and do them at the track. Hopefully I can do it instead of going back what's more comfortable (easier said than done type). In a small dude. Originally I was going for the pole position but heard the bride FG rails are too small for the wider seat. I just got the seat I haven't installed it nor plan to daily it. On a hunt for stock r32 gtr seats for dd. I do need to look forward and put more throttle on corners. Still scared a bit but next event I'll try harder. I'll look into "slip angle and traction curve" unfamiliar with those terms. I

Thank you
                            - Hong

Comment

Notice how it peaks, then falls off. When your front tires are squealing for mercy and you keep adding steering angle, you're just going SLOWER than you would keeping them at their maximum happy zone. You get a nice "singing" from them there - but it is not a squeal at all. They're not silent, but if you hear it over everything you're just destroying your tires.

Don't pay attention to the race tire line, that's more for bias ply tires. DOT-Rs can typically use just a hair more slip angle than a street tire, but they drive about the same, maybe a little more fall off if you really crank them past their max.

You're right that a PP won't fit on Bride FG rails - been there, done that. It honestly might not be that horrible if you're a tiny dude to DD them. I did not like how the stock belt felt at all on my SPG knockoff - so I'd highly recommend a roll bar and harnesses ASAP.

Do you have instructors at events you're going to? It seems to be a little unstructured out in CA at the non-$$$$ tracks. It'd probably be good to get a fast guy (with good habits) to ride with you if there aren't instructors provided.
                              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
                              X