• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streets of Willow FR Shootout-Skullworks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLSse...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDmtg...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEGt4...feature=relmfu

this is the raw footage of my friend Keith handling driving duties for the Import Tuner FR shootout,

Yep I'm a total pussy and couldn't drive the car, I tested in it on Friday before the race, and even on real street tires, it was gonna be a steep learning curve, and i wasn't going to give good representation to anyone associated with the car w/me driving. So i made the choice to have keith drive it for me, he did a fantastic job of keeping the car just barely on track.
    I am SKULLWORKS

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video

fixed it for you

It was worth the 2 hour drive to come out, hang out and see the 240 kick some ass.
    1995 Fouki S14 - re-energized ka-t project!
    1999 F150 - gas guzzler parts getter
    1989 Toyota Pickup - mandatory Pomona abandoned-in-driveway vehicle
    2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive hatch - "The only 40mpg econobox worth driving"

Comment

I sure was juan. I was worried we were gonna run outa time to get it back together, but we all setup for the long days/nights and got it ready in time for mike and driver Keith. to bad we dont know the official results until the NOVEMBER issue comes out. but had a good saturday in the dry heat cause racecar!!! good job everyone

Comment

no comments, really,

you guys aren't even gonna rag on me for not driving my own car?

SMH
        I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Nah, there's always someone who could drive your own car faster no matter who you are (well, unless you're on the F1 pole that weekend, then maybe that wouldn't apply to you...). I think it's realistic to be able to always be able to admit that to yourself.

The car looks good - tires look like they suck. What kind of rear toe are you running? You might want to put a tad more toe-in on the car just to stabilize it a hair when getting on the throttle. I know most of that is a weak tires when getting on the power, but it seems like it wants to start rotating really quickly on power, like quicker than the driver would want most times. Just 1/16-1/8" total toe-in in the rear will calm that down a bit but still let it rotate well. I run about 3/16" total toe-in now in the rear, and have generally been happy with it.
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Rear Toe FTW! I run 1/16" on both sides and am happy

Car doesn't look bad, but man that camera sound is obnoxious as hell. Why is your trans so loud as well?

Seems like power comes on pretty nice, certainly 'seems' more top end (obviously) oriented than mine for some reason. Then again I'm also running a 4.6 final drive so its' a very different ball game from a 4.08

Edit: Oh, and in regard to someone else driving it...9/10 they are usually faster....as they don't give a **** if it kicks a rod
            'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
            [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
            [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

That's diff whine. Mine is about that loud id guess. Its due to solid bushings.

Thinking of the tail happiness on power application, I bet that's more during to your S13 rear subfrae. Ditch that thing and go with.an S14. It makes it much easier to get on the throttle mid corner. My car went from feeling like too much power to hohum with just the subframe swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                That's diff whine. Mine is about that loud id guess. Its due to solid bushings.
                Maybe it's due to the mic on the camera but I've never noticed a solid bushed car being so loud...then again there probably (I'd assume) no interior in either of your cars?

Comment

Look at my youtube bids under defsr7. Its maybe louder in my car. No rear interior for me.

Comment

correct, no interior
                    but the noise is the diff
                    the fluid should have been replace prior to the event but it wasn't
                    after the first session we drained it and only 1/2 a cup of what appeared
                    to be diner grade deep frying grease came out
                    it'll be interesting to see it's condition when it gets yanked out
                    Last edited by ManoNegra; 07-02-2012, 09:51 AM.
                    1995 Fouki S14 - re-energized ka-t project!
                    1999 F150 - gas guzzler parts getter
                    1989 Toyota Pickup - mandatory Pomona abandoned-in-driveway vehicle
                    2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive hatch - "The only 40mpg econobox worth driving"

Comment

^this,

and to add to that the diff temps testing on friday were ~300 at the cover...

after the first balls to wall session on Saturday, temps were ~600 at the cover (infrared pyrometer so likely much hotter internally)

Changed fluid (thanks Manonegra) before session 2 and it was still loud as hell, Driver had ear plugs in and I told him to ignore any trans or diff issues, I knew they needed upgrading anyway, and I didn't want him to be trying not to hurt the car.
                      I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Yea know, I've never really checked diff temps...fluid always looks nice,and it's never pissing out the breather either. Then again I'm using big rig diff oil, unsure if that makes the difference.

Comment

600 at the cover? Wtf did you do??? Sounds like it's setup way too tight.

Comment

Working...
                          X