240RS Maxi @ NJMP Lightning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240RS Maxi @ NJMP Lightning

Be nice, this is my first time on the track in 18 months. I was really just getting comfortable in the car and it really feels great. We switched from R1 BFGs to 245/275 Grand Am Hoosiers and the traction went up to a point it has never been close to. The car feels so much better than it ever has and we haven't touched the revalved/sprung dampers or ARBs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5hmiql_h3E

I was hitting over 160 on the straight!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-DxPqxwHZs
    Last edited by bill@dentsport; 04-21-2010, 12:46 PM.

What kind of windshield are you running? looks pretty thin and flimsy at those speeds!
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

good videos. When you went off track there at the end of the straight i was like ohhh ****.

Comment

its lexan Matt. I need to put in another brace..hahaha. It srsly looked like it was going to come right into my face!

godspeed, my pro-driver friend was there making me push further and further in the hard braking zones. I really just need to put my foot down harder.

Comment

seems like the downshifts tended to break the rear loose. good saves

Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

Comment

I had an exhaust leak in the downpipe but with the heatshielding I couldn't hear it. The engine is very very sensitive to backpressure changes and we couldn't figure out why the throttle initial tip had gone to ****. We forgot about it as the engine was running great on the track. There was no response for heel/toe though and I just eventually gave up trying to match revs at the time of the video.

Comment

I take it youve parted ways with BFG in order to get access to better tires then?
              '06 wrx - DD

'89 s13 hatch - jackstand racing national champion

Comment

Originally posted by bill@dentsport View Post
                its lexan Matt. I need to put in another brace..hahaha. It srsly looked like it was going to come right into my face!
                I figured it's Lexan- Mainly curious how thick it was. I think I'm required 1/4" minimum thickness for SCCA, and can't imagine a 1/4 thick one flexing like that. I'm also not sure I'm ready to dump the $500+ on a lightweight lexan windshield when I'm 50lb overweight myself.
                '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Bill are you still running a twin scroll 3076....and if so what rear housing are you using... .78?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                    I figured it's Lexan- Mainly curious how thick it was. I think I'm required 1/4" minimum thickness for SCCA, and can't imagine a 1/4 thick one flexing like that. I'm also not sure I'm ready to dump the $500+ on a lightweight lexan windshield when I'm 50lb overweight myself.
                    Matt, that is 1/4" lexan...hahaha. I don't have a speedo but with the gearing/tires and RPM calculations, it was over 165 mph. It doesn't get hairy until 140+. I can add another brace, or even make that one a bit better.

Nismo,
                    The BFGs just aren't good for time attack/trials/hillclimb so there really isn't a point in using them. I know a good number of people who are very very fast on them and they do last a very long time for DOT-Rs. If I were doing 30+ lap races it would be another story. I am going to invest in some A6s and then use the Grand Am tires for practice. I can use the A6s for hillclimb as well.

Juggernaut, it is the .78 housing TS 3076.

Comment

Originally posted by bill@dentsport View Post
                      Matt, that is 1/4" lexan...hahaha. I don't have a speedo but with the gearing/tires and RPM calculations, it was over 165 mph. It doesn't get hairy until 140+. I can add another brace, or even make that one a bit better.
                      That was what 1/4" does?! I'd hate to see the guys that cheaped out and used 3/16" or 1/8"! Definitely get another brace on there- maybe ten or twelve. I'd hate to see that thing fatigue the screws/rivets/mounting/seals and come through the opening and land on you at 160!
                      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Finally got around to watching the video last night, actually I watched it 3-4 times. Did you take tire temps to see if your rear tires were fully up to temp... curious if that's why your rear tires seemed unhappy on down-shifts?
                        -Monty

Comment

i like,

i saw the videos a few days ago on another blog site.... the getting in hot into that one turn > slide > scary as ****, surprising how the car stuck and continued woah... good stuff man
                          "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

That slide kinda looked like you hooked it in a bit late with a lot of steering input and off the gas.

Car looks pretty quick though, seems like it has a lot of grip in the corners.
                            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Bill, are you still running those Stance 3-way coilover setup?
                              http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X