Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Event at Pocono Infield East

Hi everyone,

Just had an awesome weekend and Pocono and thought I'd share.
    First autocross I've ever done on a road course and I'll tell ya, it's gonna be hard going back to parking lots and airfields. This event was a blast.

NEPA region SCCA will be doing a single day event here again August 20th this year and another weekend event like this on the same weekend (June 13-15) next year. I hope to see some more big east coast names make it out!

Here are my runs. Good enough for 1st in SM but admittedly, the competition wasn't there. SMF and SSM had a few national names but not SM. Between not being on slicks (that's 2-3s right there) and battling a horrible turn-in understeer my time just wasn't what it should have been, but it was still a blast. Turns out my lower control arm on my driver's side was loose. So loose in fact, that for the first 30* or so of steering wheel rotation, my driver's side wheel did not turn, just my passenger. So basically, just my passenger side tire was doing all the turning work. Wound up flat spotting my passenger side tire during some trail braking because of it

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Saw a lot of comments on this event and they were all positive! A couple guys were begging me to bring my SM car out but unfortunately it falls right between some National events, so the timing just didn't work. Hoping to make it out next time, though!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

Was nice to meet you, another local 240 autocross enthusiast. I'm the guy with the M3 and broken 240. Was definitely a fun course taching out my M in second.

I saw white clouds from your car at nearly every braking zone when I was working. You need to hop on some hoosiers sooner than later. So much fun.

Sent from Skynet

Comment

Originally posted by AceInHole View Post
        Saw a lot of comments on this event and they were all positive! A couple guys were begging me to bring my SM car out but unfortunately it falls right between some National events, so the timing just didn't work. Hoping to make it out next time, though!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
        Yeah, it was a great time and would have been awesome to meet you and Panda. Gotta scope out my target to beat, right? Hopefully I'll see you there next year with my car all in order, as it was a bit of a mess at this event and missing a few key SM mods (slicks and aero). There's another event August 20th of this year also, but I doubt you want to drive down for one day.

Originally posted by Scores240 View Post
        Was nice to meet you, another local 240 autocross enthusiast. I'm the guy with the M3 and broken 240. Was definitely a fun course taching out my M in second.

I saw white clouds from your car at nearly every braking zone when I was working. You need to hop on some hoosiers sooner than later. So much fun.

Sent from Skynet
        Yeah, was great to meet you too, funny how we both know the Fedons. I really appreciate you giving me a ride along in the M3. Those leather seats are slippery and it kinda felt like I was floating on it at some points haha, definitely exciting. Too bad you worked when I ran or I would have returned the favor.

Yes, my tires did not appreciate me over the weekend... A combo of those big Wilwoods up front and some issues causing a poor contact patch and I was locking them up at the lightest input.

You can see one of my flat spots here on one of my fairly new $200 rivals The flat spot is only about 1/3 of the contact patch on the inside. No wonder I was struggling with understeer, there's something seriously off here that I need to find.

Comment

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Here's some better footage than mine. Two friends of mine running cars actually setup well for their class and with great driving.

Comment

Some rev limiter destruction going on there... and that Integra's front tires sound not very happy as soon as he turns the steering wheel. Bad setup? Just loud tires?
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

He has Rivals on it which are pretty squeaky and in addition to that, he likes to drive it aggressively.

It's a pretty standard Koni/GC STX setup, not too much to mess up.

Comment

Working...
              X