SSM 240sx Takes Top PAX at Devens Match Tour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSM 240sx Takes Top PAX at Devens Match Tour

I put 2 crazy drivers in Panda last weekend for the Devens Match Tour, and despite developing an ignition problem (audible in the video), they put on the show of the event! Tom O'Gorman took the overall PAX win (according to the Rick Ruth PAX result) despite running the SSM index. It would've been a bit over a 2 second win over resident alien Mark Daddio had he been running SM....

Tom's last clean run:
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nate's run against Tom in the Shootout:
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Despite taking 2nd in the overall Shootout, I drove like crap, probably trying too hard to match the alien times... lesson learned, don't overshoot esses!

Fantastic.

Comment

Where do this Tom guy come from? Is he an alien? Dude has been destroying pax ever since he bought the 914
      Originally posted by Jason M
      I have no chance to win without the Giken...

Comment

Awesome videos, the car looks pretty good!

After the last two 25-40 second courses I competed on, I'm jealous of that course! The ka sounds like it's making good power. I'm not used to hearing Hoosiers screech, that was odd... Concrete?

The Match tour seems like an exciting venue, so I'm gearing up for the last Match Tour event in Cali this fall. I'm probably not ready to compete against the Panda or the Bimmer, and quite honestly, I'm probably not going to be financially capable of making it to the Nationals.

Comment

I did my first match tour a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast. I like the bracket competition. Had my nerves on edge the whole second day starting in the LCQs in the first heat waiting to see if my 6th place would make it through heat 2. Then making it past the first round and competing against a crazy good driver in the 2nd round.
          Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
          TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

Originally posted by Jason M View Post
            Awesome videos, the car looks pretty good!

After the last two 25-40 second courses I competed on, I'm jealous of that course! The ka sounds like it's making good power. I'm not used to hearing Hoosiers screech, that was odd... Concrete?

The Match tour seems like an exciting venue, so I'm gearing up for the last Match Tour event in Cali this fall. I'm probably not ready to compete against the Panda or the Bimmer, and quite honestly, I'm probably not going to be financially capable of making it to the Nationals.
            Sucks to hear you won't be in Lincoln this September. I was looking forward to seeing your car out there!

My motor was actually misfiring the entire time (you can hear the popping in the background noise) due to the plastic around the alternator having cracked away, and the main cable likely arcing against the housing. I fixed that for Tom's last run (which he unfortunately coned away) and it solved everything. It was entertaining to see him get back and sit there, not wanting to get out of the car

Comment

Russell just sent me a text about possibly doing Nats, so who knows, but its certainly a long shot! My car is maybe 75% complete, so part of me wants to put money into finishing it & get more seat time vs dumping money into driving out to Nebraska and buying a set of tires for six laps on concrete which I've never driven on. Next year will be my year. If the car is not fast by next year, then I'll know the small tires are not the way to go.

Comment

That is some freaking awesome driving and the car looks like it handles amazing. Of course my favorite part is the KA-t sounds
                - Phil
                1995 240sx | KA24DE-T 309whp, 368lb-ft

Comment

I actually hate how the car sounds at Devens since I have to add a full muffler to keep under sound. Hopefully I'll have uncorked video this weekend in Toledo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Yikes, congrats to you and panda. Looking forward to seeing it at Toledo. I'll make sure to stop by and say hello.

Comment

Working...
                    X