letter to the editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letter to the editor

I wrote a letter to the editor asking why the 240sx didnt make it into the top 25 most important cars in grassroots motorsports. It was printed this month!
    sigpic

omg i saw that. Someone needed to do it. Thank You

Comment

Now I know who to look out for
      Originally posted by SoSideways
      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

ha. Hardly. Trying to work my way into time trials. This season is looking like Grip at VIR and Drift at Summit Point.
        sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one that can't stand reading Grassroots Motorsports? Their writing is terrible! It puts me to sleep faster than reading "The Economist".

Comment

Well, it's no sport compact car, but if you hand me Import Tuner, Modified, and Grassroots, I'll take the grassroots. They at least have good articles. Now all i read is MotoIQ, took me a while to get used to the online mag thing, but i like it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumnah View Post
              Am I the only one that can't stand reading Grassroots Motorsports? Their writing is terrible! It puts me to sleep faster than reading "The Economist".
              Not only is their writing horrible, they have a VERY unhealthy love for Miatas. I'm guessing that won the most significant car evar since I saw a pic of the ghey man toter on the cover of that issue in a bookstore.
              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

GRM's obsession with Miata's is a bit disturbing hehe.
                'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
                [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
                [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

i saw that too :-/
                  "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Believe me that I am no miata lover but It is kind of hard to argue with the miata when it outperforms cars with 3 times the horsepower on an autocross course. They are also extremely affordable.
                    Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
                    TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

I agree with eye5. It was hard to get over my miata. Ana they are cheap to turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by eye-5 View Post
                        Believe me that I am no miata lover but It is kind of hard to argue with the miata when it outperforms cars with 3 times the horsepower on an autocross course. They are also extremely affordable.
                        ...and durable
                        ...and easy to work on
                        ...and have support from the factory thru Mazdaspeed

I had a Miata before my S14.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I know they are great. You can't beat some of the products they hae, and the plug and play megasquirts are really sweet.

BUT

GRM is almost obsessed with them. Not saying that they are a bad car to like (as they are not) but there are plenty of other cars out there they could attend to ya know?
                          'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
                          [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
                          [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

I'd buy an S2000 over a Miata ANYDAY!

Oddly enough the first and last article I read in GRM was about how this guy loved Miatas. His brother bought one, and his dad bought one so on and so on. No one should be subjected to such type of torture! Man was that article bad!

So bad, I actually threw it in the trash. I didn't put it in to get recycled because I wanted it buried; never to see the light of day again, even in another form.

Comment

Originally posted by ecugrad View Post
                              ...and durable
                              ...and easy to work on
                              ...and have support from the factory thru Mazdaspeed
                              ...and easy to pick up dudes in

Comment

Working...
                              X