can we haz ve section?

as soon as i find a head, i'll be assembling parts and pondering:

o oil pump/crank pulley machining
    o timing chain tensioner options
    o intake mani & fuel rails
    o selenoids (mechanical and electrical)
    o exhaust mani options
    o cams/springs/piston design vs rpm limits
    o ecu tuning for injector timing/spark timing/fuel maps vs cam switchover points

quite a list, and since nrr basks in the glory of going their own way, i thought i would throw the idea out there.

Seconded. All the cool kids are doing it!
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

thirded, I want a setup for 9,000rpm

Comment

There are already some good post on this stuff scattered around NRR. Getting these into one area would make this the place to be for this swap/conversion.
        Still Got a few part left! Shoot me a PM if you have questions!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5286

Comment

Tensioner is the same as near as I can tell...they mount to the same pattern and operate identically,

Crank Pulley needs 5mm machined off to use DE pulley w/ VE oil pump.
          I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

There are two types of tensioner's. The older sr20det/de type and s14/ve type. My ve and s14 tensioner had the same part number.

13070-2J203 - this is know as an upgrade for all older sr20's
            Still Got a few part left! Shoot me a PM if you have questions!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5286

Comment

Originally posted by Tower240sx View Post
              Tensioner is the same as near as I can tell...they mount to the same pattern and operate identically,

The N1 tensioner is a little different than the normal. let me find my pics.

The only real difference I could tell was the flange was thinner vs the roller rocker SR20DE tensioner I had in my VE at the time.

Comment

I think that's the late model tensioner all SRs can use.

Comment

Originally posted by BEXE View Post
                  thirded, I want a setup for 9,000rpm
                  I wanna go 9k rpms....

on my LS

Comment

that's the buckets o' money strategy ^^^

you'll need about a 3" stroke and some serious pushrods, but the old man built a 318 pontiac they used to shift at 10K so you can do it if you like, for a shift or 2
                    I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Originally posted by Tower240sx View Post

Or greg at gspec sells a spacer for $12 and also sells a rwd underdrive pulley for $135. I just purchased both.

Ps for those who dont know greg is VERY well known and regarded in the fwd sr community and gas the best customer service i have ever experienced.

Ps. Pulley is not yet on his website but they are in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by coors75 View Post
                        Or greg at gspec sells a spacer for $12 and also sells a rwd underdrive pulley for $135. I just purchased both.

Ps for those who dont know greg is VERY well known and regarded in the fwd sr community and gas the best customer service i have ever experienced.

Ps. Pulley is not yet on his website but they are in stock.

ummm...if your buddy makes spacers that allow 2 pieces of material to cohabitate the same space I'm gonna need several million....

turns out you probably shouldn't ask FWD guys about RWD stuff,

FWD pulley would need all new FEAD (front end accessory drive) and RWD pulley needs MACHINING, not a spacer.
                        I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

He's talking about an underdrive RWD pulley that works with a VE oil pump and has the correct timing marks for the VE front cover.

Comment

...DEF....READ MY LIPS, you need to remove not add material, any RWD pulley will work if you take the 5mm off, A spacer is not needed.
                            I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

You need a spacer unless you use the ve oil pump drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X