Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what should i have the machine shop do to my head/manifold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i have the machine shop do to my head/manifold?

Will be doing a head gasket repair.
    I Plan on taking head into shop for resurfacing/checking for warping.

What else should i have them look into doing that wont be excessively expensive for a NA KA24de engine.

(have a Nistune ECU sitting in the parts bin to upgrade too when it's backup and running)

Bring your intake and exhaust manifolds and have the head port matched while they clean em up. Depending on mileage it probably couldn't hurt to have the head rebuilt, i.e. replace the valve stem seals, re-seat the valves, etc.
    "To an engineer, the glass is neither half empty nor half full. It is twice as big as it needs to be."
    '96 Nissan 240SX KA-T
    '05 Grand Cherokee

Comment

I'd definitely do valve seals and guides and at least check the valve seats and pressure test the head.

I'd also deck it slightly to ensure it's flat, maybe like 0.004-0.005" beyond full cleanup.
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by LigouriRd View Post
        Bring your intake and exhaust manifolds and have the head port matched while they clean em up. Depending on mileage it probably couldn't hurt to have the head rebuilt, i.e. replace the valve stem seals, re-seat the valves, etc.
        I would think i would just need to bring the gaskets for gasket matching?

Comment

The gasket openings are much larger than the ports. Just open up the ports to the right size so there is no mismatch.
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
          X