Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I do wrong?

What did I do wrong?
    I took A a KA 24 DE and put in a set of single cam pistons flattops the block was decked 6000 The head was decked 3000 and I used a chimeric multilayer gasket i've read threads were people of done the swap with no problems so I thought it would be no problem for me we took our car to Oregon raceway park and got about 10 minutes out of the engine before all the intake valves bent out of number two piston in the paces the rod the side of the piston bore broke The block I've built a bunch of these motors never swap Pistons fine know how to dial with cam
    So does 9000s of decking and The gasket been a little thinner than stock enough that the Pistons at the valve?

9000s of what? Do you mean 0.009"?
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Yes

Comment

If it was borderline, and you shaved it 9 thou - yea, it could have caused the clash.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

On a stock motor how many thousands can be shaved off head and Block combined can be safely shaved off?

Comment

Punctuation. Please use it.
            Originally posted by SoSideways
            I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
            '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

there were 2 different sohc pistons. one that was perfectly flat and another that had a very small raise on it.

I had a motor with ka24de motor with sohc pistons, the head and block were not milled, with a factory nissan head gasket. i had no clearance issues.

im assuming you didnt check for clearance when you were putting it together? its alot of p2v clearance youre loosing when changing to those pistons and milling.

if you did and everything was within limits then i suspect either your valve springs or timing chain. if they were the same stock old springs with 100+ miles on them and your at high rpm with tighter clearances you will have an issue.

if it was your chain i would think all of them bent instead of just cylinder #2.

Comment

If you were a tooth out on the timing that would do it. Did you rotate by hand before you fired it up? I did this mod with no clearance issues. But no milling and a Cometic gasket.

Comment

Working...
                X