No announcement yet.

EFRs - Wat do it do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sw1fty - As Def asked, do you have a dyno graph for your setup? More detailed pictures, your thoughts on the turbo, etc.

IG: l_fitzhenry

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
      Dyno on that ?
      Here's the most recent one. Have upped the boost and cleaned up the tune since (spark was breaking up). Bare in mind this is on an Aussie dyno. I'm getting 23psi by 3800rpm, 7psi by 3000.

Here's a few more pics of the setup. Downpipe was easy, no issues with clearance to the firewall.

Comment

Aussie dyno - hah! Very nice results though.

Good to know the B1 framed EFRs fit in the stock location with a little minor work.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Anybody else thinking about an EFR?

Comment

Can also get GTX turbos to make this $5k level for the sweet discount. Anybody interested in Garrett or BW stuff? Or Full-Race manifolds???

Comment

I got referred to this forum from elsewhere and am very interested in an efr. Probably looking at 6758 for sr20. I'm pretty sure it won't fit the standard manifold. I'd buy one right now if it did. But I also hear they're going to release the 6758 with .80 ts t4 housing shortly, which interests me greatly...
              swifty, it looks like yours clears the factory abs. Any fitment issues?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Tucker View Post
                I got referred to this forum from elsewhere and am very interested in an efr. Probably looking at 6758 for sr20. I'm pretty sure it won't fit the standard manifold. I'd buy one right now if it did. But I also hear they're going to release the 6758 with .80 ts t4 housing shortly, which interests me greatly...
                swifty, it looks like yours clears the factory abs. Any fitment issues?

Cheers!
                Same as Tom above.
                Was referred here from another forum.
                I am already on the Fullrace wait list for a 7163 TS and manifold but delivery keeps getting pushed back a few months. Last time I checked it was May.
                So would rather purchase on the group buy through yourself. I assume you can ship to Aus ?

Cheers,

p.s
                Would need VE head manifold.

Comment

Swifty's manifold didn't have clearance issues from memory, but I think it was a bit tight with the dump pipe. His is low mount in a 180sx.

As for the 7164 TS, full race last told me July

Comment

I've had my eye on a Holset for the longest time but just recently started looking more into the BW S200.
                    Basically for an extra $150 or so I can get a new BW, or i can save the few hundred and stay with the Holset for my KA-t.

Then I see this... but I'm still on the fence about which direction to go. One day I'll figure it out. Ha
                    Originally posted by Matt93SE
                    in engrish, it's all about the length of your shaft... :P

Comment

Once I hit $5k here, I'll be more than happy to do a GB with the AU guys or anybody else.

Comment

Looks like there are three of us Aus guys. So that's about 7.5k worth of kit. 2x 7163 TS and sr20ve manifold kits and a det manifold and 6758 kit. There was also another guy who was considering a efr, but wasn't as keen as Tom tucker and the big fist

Nice, didn't expect that extra interest when I mentioned it on Nissan Silvia.

Comment

I can definitely hook you guys up. Likely even more so if you get it all shipped to one address based on my past experience with heavy international shipping.

Comment

Yeah shipping to us will definitely be a killer. US-AUS shipping seems to be insanely expensive. Then we have to pay about 15% in import duties as well.

Has anyone heard any updates on supply of TS 7163s? I read somewhere single scroll ones are starting to trickle in, but couldn't find anything on the TS housings.

Comment

Per Geoff at Full Race the TS 7163s are very rare. No idea on ETA, I'd say maybe 2-4 months as a guess, and even then supply might be tight for quite a while.

I'm still not really sure why BW has such trouble shipping these turbos in any sort of quantity on introduction. It's not like we're talking about half a million units, probably more like 500/month max.

Comment

Yeah, it's odd that they have such trouble. They'd sell like hotcakes though if they could provide some sort of decent quantity.

For s-chassis cars are the manifolds low mount or top mount in T4 TS form?

Comment

Working...
                                X