Water/Meth injection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodyAce View Post
    I'm beginning to doubt the R+D in these Brakes if you can't search J/K!

375 ml Snow Nozzle
    I just make pretty shapes in CATIA... then you kids buy them....

Gotcha... so it seems like 1 gal is more than enough. Or maybe I'm just on throttle way more than codyace????

I'll probably look at getting this after the motor is put together.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

My other track buddy with the Turbo B14 uses the same amount, so you now have two slowpokes to judge from HAHA.

For the cost and ease of installation, it's a no brainer....especially with your Texas heat.
      'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
      [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
      [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Yep, it seems like the simplest way to get that extra safety margin.

There was this easy source of tetraethyl lead I was going to toss into my tank everytime called Maximum Octane 130 IIRC. The bad thing is some other company bought them out then tripled the price. Soooo.... it went from being fairly cheap to get into the ~96-98 octane range per tank (about $5-7 per tank), to fairly expensive.

The AEM methanol failsafe looks cool, but at the same time... it just seems like more gauge clutter, and I think at some point I'll be running out of my 8 GPIO's on my EMS-4 to do all the fancy stuff I'd like. Maybe it's something I'll add later, but I only foresee the ability to be dropping the boost ~2-3 psi over what I'd probably run on track. So I don't think I'll really be pushing the limits for 93 all that much, so if the meth does run out for whatever reason, I don't think it'll nuke the engine immediately like if I were trying to run 25 psi on 93 octane on track.

Comment

Updates?

Any updates on experiences with water/methanol injection? I have one on the way and can give an update with results.

I've been overheating on the track. Tried various things - backing off the boost, improve cooling, richen up the mixture. I don't have the ability to custom tune timing, but looks (datascan) like the stock ECU backed timing off from around 22, to 15 as the engine got hot. Figured I'd try the methanol route.
          I know I can do a full tune, but I have a pretty cool wideband produced by a friend which allows me to select any AFR I choose. I'd prefer to keep this setup, since its way cheaper than a tuneable ECU, especially since the stock ECU seems to be pulling timing anyway.

Comment

i just got my car tunned ka-t t3/t4 57 trim on meth, the pump starts at 5psi made 471 and 391 tq at 20-21 psi

Comment

Originally posted by geeitup View Post
              Any updates on experiences with water/methanol injection? I have one on the way and can give an update with results.

I've been overheating on the track. Tried various things - backing off the boost, improve cooling, richen up the mixture. I don't have the ability to custom tune timing, but looks (datascan) like the stock ECU backed timing off from around 22, to 15 as the engine got hot. Figured I'd try the methanol route.
              I know I can do a full tune, but I have a pretty cool wideband produced by a friend which allows me to select any AFR I choose. I'd prefer to keep this setup, since its way cheaper than a tuneable ECU, especially since the stock ECU seems to be pulling timing anyway.
              Trying to bandaid your way around the track is a recipe for failure.

Stock ECU tunes are stupid cheap even if you're paying someone else to do it these days. If you want to spend some time, you can do it yourself for about $100, and an additional one after that for about $30-40.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                Trying to bandaid your way around the track is a recipe for failure.

Stock ECU tunes are stupid cheap even if you're paying someone else to do it these days. If you want to spend some time, you can do it yourself for about $100, and an additional one after that for about $30-40.
                What DIY tune is that cheap? I know Nistune is relatively inexpensive.
                I'm sure I'm oversimplifying, but I thought since my stock ECU seemed to control timing down into the high teens under WOT, which is where many of the threads here indicate is safe, that I was OK in that regard. But, like I said, I'm probably oversimplifying.

Comment

Decent quality daughter board and tuning it yourself. It's not very hard. If you post up your tunes here there are people that can give you pointers.

The key is to lose the "just bolt it on and go" mentality that now pervades the s chassis community. It's not a bad thing to learn a new skill or bit of knowledge along the way.

Comment

Working...
                  X