ECU plug for Y33 VQ30DET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU plug for Y33 VQ30DET

Fishing here. Here's a picture; It's Russion but I went there and it didn't eat my computer so no worries. I'm looking for a harness, or just a plug that I can use to convert a harness to use with the VQ30DET ECU. P/N for the ECU is 23710-6P501, A18-F32 PJ9 7318

Don Johnson (really!)
    Just so you know.

I figured it out. It's the same OBDII plug on the 96-98 S14's, '00-01 Maxima/I30 and a few others. There are (8) '00-01's in the 2 local U-pull yards. I'll be getting dirty tomorrow...,
    Don Johnson (really!)
    Just so you know.

Comment

Originally posted by djsilver View Post
      I figured it out. It's the same OBDII plug on the 96-98 S14's, '00-01 Maxima/I30 and a few others. There are (8) '00-01's in the 2 local U-pull yards. I'll be getting dirty tomorrow...,
      Be happy that you have U-pull's by you!
      Core4 Motorsports
      CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
      S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Yea, I miss them here. They were all around Fort Worth, but seem much more rare around Houston. As soon as a yard pulls something it seems like the price doubles or triples, and it's usually damaged in some way - yuck...
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Turns out I was going off a picture of a Maxima plug that was incorrect. On the up side, it is the same 88-pin plug used on the OBDII S14's and I was able to plug my S14 harness plug into the VQ ECU. They are available from Boomslang and from WiringSpecialties that I know of, and maybe others. I've got de-pinning tools, my matrix laid out for moving wires around on the '96 Maxima harness to match the '99 Cima ECU pinout, adding extras for stuff like boost pressure, wastegate solenoid and flex-fuel sensor, along with mixing in some S14 wires for the connections to the fuse box, fuel pump relay, and main harness under the dash. I think the trickier part is unwrapping and re-arranging the harness so everything will reach after rotating the engine from FWD to RWD. Good news is that the JDM Cima ECU doesn't have NATS security!
          Don Johnson (really!)
          Just so you know.

Comment

Working...
          X