Ka24de valve bucket shims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ka24de valve bucket shims

.................................................. ................
    Last edited by clotuning; 03-09-2018, 09:48 PM.

Originally posted by clotuning View Post
    There's a couple sizes that are discontinued that I need for an engone build. Hoping someone here has some laying around.

Call text 5163306190

Or just pm me
    might be worth having a machine shop grind some to your specs if you can't find what you need.
    Core4 Motorsports
    CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
    S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

If I'm not mistaken they are hard coated like crankshafts. Igrinding it down isn't something I want to chance. I'ld rather try to find one close to what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by clotuning View Post
        If I'm not mistaken they are hard coated like crankshafts. Igrinding it down isn't something I want to chance. I'ld rather try to find one close to what I need.
        If worse comes to worse, I mean making them from scratch. Spec some hardened tool steel from the machine shop. Stuff they make press and stamping dies/punches from. Air quenched alloy A2, which is very wear resistant and easy to machine for what it is. A tool and die maker could make them with their eyes closed if they have the right stock material.
        Core4 Motorsports
        CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
        S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

You can always upgrade to VQ35 lifter buckets, they fit and I assume you can get them in any size you need.

Comment

Bumping this thread.. My dad is putting together another KA24DE and needs a small pile of shims.

The VQ35 stuff is a PITA and parts are even harder to find than the KA shims, according to those who have done the job.

I already sent him all the shims from my spare engine, but he still needs 13 (out of 16!!) new shims.. I've attached the list of what he sent me.

Any chance youz guys with spare KA parts can look through this and let me know what you can come up with?
            Attached Files
            Originally posted by SoSideways
            I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
            '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...iagram=130_H01 is where I bought all of mine except for 2 of them that I really need thick ones that were discontinued.

I ended up buying those shims from a 75-93 rabbit on here http://techtonicstuning.com/main/ind...products_id=76

Comment

Working...
              X