Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Core4 Front Radial Mount Bracket for Defsport/Z33 & Rear BBK...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core4 Front Radial Mount Bracket for Defsport/Z33 & Rear BBK...

SUMMARY:

Pricing:
    • Radial Mount Bracket Set for Defsport/Z33 track rotor: $250 SHIPPED to CONUS
    • Core4 Rear Wilwood BBK: $400 SHIPPED to CONUS
    • Packaged Together: $625 SHIPPED to CONUS

Not really sure what kind of response and interest this will generate, but hopefully we can get 5-10 people whether it's front, rear, or both.

Buyer list:
    1. Colorado S14, front
    2. ethompson6, front and rear

Radial Mount Brackets

Who/what is this for?
    1. Anyone who currently runs Defsport's front 2 piece rotor setup and wants to upgrade to the radial mount [staggered] 6 piston Wilwood Forged Superlite Caliper. Will install with the standard 12.2" x 1.25" diameter rotor, or you can upgrade to 12.72" rotor (click here) easily for more heat sink, clamping leverage, and.......bling.

2. OR, someone who's looking to upgrade their brakes, but don't have Defsport's kit (or can't source his rotor hats), will be able to run off-the-shelf Z33 brembo/track rotors with the simple use of shims/spacers that I will provide. Rotor size is 324mm(12.76") x 30mm (1.18").

Why?
    • Defsport kit utilizes the lug mount 4 piston Forged Superlite, which doesn't use staggered pistons = poor pad wear and clamp load distribution throughout the life of the pad (click here for my own experience with tapered wear) resulting in subpar pedal feel and bite. Wilwood phased out all 6 piston lug mount FSL's. Even if you can find them, they are $$$.

• If going with one piece Z33 rotors, you won't find cheaper, more effective big brakes for the money. The Wilwood FSL6R is a better track caliper than the OE Brembo caliper in many ways. A con to this route is that the 1-piece Z33 track rotors are heavy at ~21lbs. However, Z1 Motorsports offers an very $ friendly, lighter weight OE replacment 2-piece design (click here).
      The replacement rotor rings kits are also very reasonable and come with new hardware also (click here).

• It is incredibly easy to increase rotor diameter with radial mounts.

• Lug mounts are inherently a less rigid design than radial mount calipers.

• Just to note, a small decrease in front bias vs the FSL4 lug mount (4.04in^2 vs 4.12in^2 effective piston area).

What you get:
    • Brackets CNC'd machined by yours truly using mill certified high strength 2024-T351 Aluminum all in and from 'Murica! Based off of a conceptual design that Def created, I evolved the design using finite element stress analysis tools to handle the rigors of endurance racing that I run my car in (and so I can manufacture it).

• Finish: Standard Type II sulfuric black anodized finish (MIL-A-8625).

• Supplied with high strength, corrosion resistant alloy steel socket head cap screws and spring lock washers to mount calipers.

How much and what you'll need

Core4 Rear Wilwood BBK

Who/what is this for?
    • Someone looking for a cost effective, track ready, robust rear solution that wants more than the Z32 rears can offer. This will allow you to optimize your braking balance (and capability) further while reaping the benefits that parallels any 2-piece Wilwood BBK (see "Why?"). This kit does NOT have an ebrake provision and only works on OEM S-CHASSIS OR Z32 UPRIGHTS. Uses 4 piston Wilwood Forged Narrow Dynalites.

(***DISCLAIMER***In order to get this to work on the OEM uprights and clearances without cutting anything apart, you need to be comfortable with tapping. The lower stock caliper mounting hole on the upright needs to be tapped and the diameter of the hole from the factory just happens to be the perfect size for a M12x1.75 thread. I've checked multiple uprights myself, as well as the people who have ordered the first kits and they all have checked out. This diameter NEEDS to be a minimum 10.11mm (0.398") to a maximum of 10.44mm (0.411"). The diameter usually falls right in the middle. If you are not comfortable doing this, BRING YOUR UPRIGHT TO AN EXPERIENCED TECHNICIAN ***)

Why?
    • The only rear S-chassis BBK that doesn't require you to chop anything off the OEM uprights, is meant for the track (or can be used on street) and is inexpensive.

• Use of heavy duty Wilwood/Coleman 12.2" x 0.81" rotor rings that will last a very long time in the rear (~$100 per).

• Larger selection of off-the-shelf brake pad compounds vs Z32

• Larger pad volume than Z32s

• WAY cheaper race pads vs Z32 rears, i.e.:
      • DTC-30: $82 vs $147
      • HT-10: $89 vs $168
      • DTC-60: $94 vs $183

• Almost 4lbs of unsprung weight lost per corner vs. Z32 brakes. Even more if you have the ebrake and ditch it.

• Depending on your BMC and proportioning setup, the ability to really fine tune braking balance.

1. Ex: If you're running a Z32 BMC and a Defsport front (FSL6R or FSL4), you would use the 1.12" sized 4 piston Forged Narrow Dynalite (FNDL). This will bring braking bias to ~0.5% shift toward the rear than a OE Z32 setup, or about a 3.5% shift to the rear from a FSL4(1.62")/Z32 setup (assuming equal CoF brake pads front and rear). If you have a shimmable BMC, more tuning potential there as well.
      2. Ex: If you're running a balance bar/dual master setup/or inline proportioning valve, you would use the 1.38" piston FNDL and have the full ability to get to a rear braking threshold on the fly with room to spare. All else being equal, this sized piston caliper is a ~13% shift toward the rear from a FSL4/Z32 setup so this absolutely needs to be proportioned.

What you get:
    • Brackets and rotor hats designed and machined by yours truly using mill certified 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy. Why not 2024? Because the rear doesn't see as high of stress and heat compared to the front so it's not necessary.

• Finish: Standard Type II sulfuric black anodized finish (MIL-A-8625).

• Custom length stainless steel brake lines and required fittings for -3 AN.

• All corrosion resistant, high strength hardware required for installation.

How much and what you'll need:

PICTURES:

Radial Mount with Defsport front:

Radial Mount with Z33 rotor (The Z33 rotor face is larger than a Wilwood rotor. This is non-issue):

Core4 Rear BBK:

Last edited by gills; 03-16-2018, 08:23 AM.
    Core4 Motorsports
    CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
    S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

I'm in for the fronts!

I found the calipers for a little bit cheaper than summit on thsmotorsports incase anybody wants to save a couple bucks.

FSL6R front calipers

https://thmotorsports.com/wilwood-en...i-3719643.aspx

https://thmotorsports.com/wilwood-en...i-3719745.aspx

Comment

wow, great price! Thank you.

You are part of the batch of pre-group-buy buyers. Your brackets are shipping out by tomorrow
      Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Don't have the cash to buy calipers and rotors at this point, is the $250 for front and rear brackets?

Or is it $650 for front brackets, rear brackets and rear hats?

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado S14 View Post
          Don't have the cash to buy calipers and rotors at this point, is the $250 for front and rear brackets?

Or is it $650 for front brackets, rear brackets and rear hats?
          Hey bud, thanks for the interest.

It's $250 for the front brackets and hardware to mount to caliper.

It's $400 for rear brackets, hats, S.Steel lines, all hardware.

$625 if you get both together.

And hopefully I'll be able to offer these with the calipers in the near future to further cut down on cost.
          Core4 Motorsports

Comment

I'll take a set of front brackets, PM me details on payment.

Comment

color me interested, but I'm still trying to sort out what I want to do with the car long term.. I'm considering a more potent SCCA STU build, but also considering a VQ swap and moving it to endurance only. rules are more open if I do WRL and a VQ swap..

if I stay with SCCA, then I'm allowed 4 piston calipers and 13" rotors max.. I have a literal pile of 12.6" x 1.1" rotors from some kits I did previously. I've been using the standard 1.75"x4 piston Superlites, but have had issues with pad taper limiting the life of the pads. I think this front bracket would allow me to use my existing pile of 12.6" rotors and hats with a few spacer washers, and upgrade to the differential bore calipers.
              $250 for brackets
              $230 x 2 for FSL4R calipers.. little hardware from the bolt bucket, and I'm in bidness.

I'm certainly interested as it sounds like a good option.... but I need to make some decisions on what to do so it'll be a while before any money happens.
              Originally posted by SoSideways
              I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
              '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Very nice product. Already in for a set!

Comment

Whats the deal with a ebrake for these? Do you just ditch them? Use the stock one or the z setup?

Comment

Interested in the rear kit. How much posted to Brisbane 4014 Australia?
                    S13 Race car, 310 rwkw, Lakeside 55.5, Queensland Raceway Sprint 56.69, QR National 1:17.1
                    Sam Collins Motorsport Facebook
                    My youtube channel
                    S13 Race car build

Comment

Colorado, PM sent.

Matt, whenever you're ready bud! You know I'm a fan of the WRL VQ swap choice

Candamo, much appreciated. Please update when you're racing down where you are!

ethompson6, there's no ebrake provision at the moment, but I'm actively brainstorming about coming up with a solution most likely using the Z32 assembly. Is this a make or break thing for you or anyone else reading this?

sc s15, I need to find out how much it'll cost. I'll find out tomorrow. I'm assuming the USPS is probably the best method.

Again, anyone reading this, is not having an ebrake on the rear BBK make or break on your decision? Please let me know if so.
                      Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Thanks, yeah I think USPS is probably the best.

I'd prefer to keep the ebrake if it was possible. I haven't really had a good look, but is it possible to make brackets for wilwood calipers and z32 rear rotors? I'm running the 6 piston front wilwoods with 324mm 350Z rotors. Postage cost for wilwood rotors can be a bit of an issue to Australia.
                        S13 Race car, 310 rwkw, Lakeside 55.5, Queensland Raceway Sprint 56.69, QR National 1:17.1
                        Sam Collins Motorsport Facebook
                        My youtube channel
                        S13 Race car build

Comment

Iíll probally be interested either way. Lol. But a ebrake would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by sc s15 View Post
                            Thanks, yeah I think USPS is probably the best.

I'd prefer to keep the ebrake if it was possible. I haven't really had a good look, but is it possible to make brackets for wilwood calipers and z32 rear rotors? I'm running the 6 piston front wilwoods with 324mm 350Z rotors. Postage cost for wilwood rotors can be a bit of an issue to Australia.
                            Is there a local company that makes 12.2" x 0.81" rotor rings with a 8 x 7" rotor hat bolt circle? Doesn't need to be Wilwood.

Clearance is tight back there and the rear Z32 caliper has a very low offset from the mount surfaces to the centerline of the rotor. There's really not any Wilwood caliper that's close to that so then it becomes an issue with interference between the caliper and the mount ears on the upright.

Originally posted by ethompson6
                            Iíll probally be interested either way. Lol. But a ebrake would be nice.
                            OK, so then I'll mark you down for a rear kit.

I will see what can be done about the ebrake.
                            Core4 Motorsports

Comment

I need front and rear.

Comment

Working...
                              X