Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Core4 Front Radial Mount Bracket for Defsport/Z33 & Rear BBK...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another data point
    Mounted onto a Z32 chassis. There was some clearancing involved as the Z front upright has an extra extrusion which occupies the same space the upper radial mounting boss from the Core4 bracket occupies.
    Weight savings of about 1.5 lbs over the Z32 30mm setup. Not bad for a rotor which is ~1.5" larger in diameter.

Clearance issue

And Clearanced with an angle grinder.

And installed

P.S The 300Z 16x7 wheels does NOT fit over this setup hahahaha!

Comment

Thanks for the update. Bummer about the clearance there. Let's see some pictures when it's down on the ground!
      Core4 Motorsports
      CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
      S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

I know some of you were really wanting a rear BBK that would work with aftermarket uprights and also a Z32 ebrake. Good news, I've got something coming soon. I can confirm that this will definitely work with GKTech rear uprights and an optional provision to work with Z32 ebrake. It also uses a much better caliper in the Wilwood FSL4R and requires no trimming or clearancing on any parts. Will require a 17" wheel.

Please email at info@core4motorsports.com if you are interested.

Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Thought about just tossing on a small Wilwood parking brake on there? Might be roughly the same cost and lighter all said and done.
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
            Thought about just tossing on a small Wilwood parking brake on there? Might be roughly the same cost and lighter all said and done.

I did look at them quickly. I figured that there's many people who've already done the Z32 ebrake conversion so I'd try to cater to them. But, yea, probably wouldn't hurt to have that option, eh?
            Core4 Motorsports

Comment

yea, the drifto guys might like to do dual wilwood calipers if your brackets work on both sides of the GKtech knuckle. or you could make a bracket on the other side to do a parking brake caliper. Z32 ebrake stuff is heavy. I want to say like 7 lbs per side.
              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

The rear bracket definitely works on both sides of the GKtech. Question is, are there lunatics out there that would run a dual FSL4R????
                Last edited by gills; 03-05-2019, 01:07 PM.
                Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Hey man, I know I posted on Zilvia, but figured I'd post here as well. I'm interested in grabbing both front and rear setups. I already have the defsport kit. You mentioned you didn't have pricing yet on Zilvia, but there is pricing on here. Is it different between NRR and Zilvia? Ha ha

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
                  96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Originally posted by 2_Liter_Turbo View Post
                    Hey man, I know I posted on Zilvia, but figured I'd post here as well. I'm interested in grabbing both front and rear setups. I already have the defsport kit. You mentioned you didn't have pricing yet on Zilvia, but there is pricing on here. Is it different between NRR and Zilvia? Ha ha
                    lol! The pricing listed on the main post was for the V1 kits. V2 will be a bit more since I farmed out the machining this time and the rotor hat is bigger, more bolts, etc. It'll still be the best bang-for-buck performance based brake kit on the market for these cars. Send me an email at info@core4motorsports.com so I can get you on a list if you are truly interested and/or if you want to go into more detail. Thanks!
                    Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post

lol! The pricing listed on the main post was for the V1 kits. V2 will be a bit more since I farmed out the machining this time and the rotor hat is bigger, more bolts, etc. It'll still be the best bang-for-buck performance based brake kit on the market for these cars. Send me an email at info@core4motorsports.com so I can get you on a list if you are truly interested and/or if you want to go into more detail. Thanks!
                      Oh my bad, didn't notice that! I'll shoot you an email. Thanks dude.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
                      96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

It CAN be done. Anyone loco enough to do it?

qyiYfIU.jpg
                        Core4 Motorsports

Comment

does anybody happen to have the front caliper bracket spacers required to use the 350z rotors and are not using it? PM me please

Comment

Originally posted by clotuning View Post
                            does anybody happen to have the front caliper bracket spacers required to use the 350z rotors and are not using it? PM me please
                            When do you need them by? I can machine you some.
                            Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Don't really feel like I'll ever need to upgrade from the V1 rear kit, but if I do at some point, will the V2 kit be able to be installed on a rear upright that has already had the mounting ear tapped for the V1 kit?
                              Last edited by lambdasquared; 05-17-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lambdasquared View Post
                                Don't really feel like I'll ever need to upgrade from the V1 rear kit, but if I do at some point, will the V2 kit be able to be installed on a rear upright that has already had the mounting ear tapped for the V1 kit?
                                No issue. I had v1 on my endurance race car and now run v2. The tapped ear doesn’t affect the thru hole.
                                Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Working...
                                X