Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DefSport 861x M55 Threaded Sleeve Purchase Thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds great. Thanks!

Comment

Black Friday sale for a set of 4 sleeves?? 😁
      '98 Silvermoss S14
      '14 Lexus GX460

Comment

I moved to the Seattle area recently, so I can't fill any sleeve orders now. But, I do plan to kick things back up sometime early next year and get some sleeves moving.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Okay great. I’ll BOLO around that time.
          '98 Silvermoss S14
          '14 Lexus GX460

Comment

Any chance you're ready to take more orders for the sleeves? I missed the first time you had these for sale because forum registration wasn't working. It took so long to be fixed that I stopped checking and completely forgot you were selling these.

Comment

I've got some extras sitting around. So they're definitely still for sale.

Only thing is it'll probably be a few months or so before I can get setup again and start selling them. I moved across the country, and despite trying to keep stuff relatively easy to access - that pretty much went by the wayside almost immediately. Haven't put my hands on all of it yet, so probably need to move again and sort it all out for good.

Comment

Definitely interested in a full set also. Please let us know when you are back up

Comment

I definitely want 4 sleeves and 4 perches. I will continue to watch the thread.

Comment

I'll keep an eye on this thread till you're ready to sell them again. In the mean time, I can order the other parts to reduce down time and sticker shock.

Does anybody have any experience ordering from Autoplicity.com? They got the lowest prices for the Koni 8610-1436, but they also have lots of negative feedback and reviews. Not sure if it's worth the hassle to deal with them just to save a few bucks.

I'm also having a hard time finding a source for the gland nut. Amazon, Summit, Jegs and FRSport doesn't seem to carry it. A Google search shows that only Twosrus.com sells them for $24 each. I've never ordered from them before but they seem to get good reviews. I'm open to suggestions on where else I can purchase them. I could also use a recommendation on an inexpensive pin spanner wrench for the gland nut. The wrenches recommended on an old thread don't seem to work well or are really expensive.

Comment

I've ordered gland nuts from twosRus before. No problems getting them at all.

As for glad nut wrench, I bought this one a while back: https://www.amazon.com/CTA-Tools-860.../dp/B005OH0LQM (it wasn't $31 then, though).

Comment

Originally posted by Zeratul View Post
                        I'll keep an eye on this thread till you're ready to sell them again. In the mean time, I can order the other parts to reduce down time and sticker shock.

Does anybody have any experience ordering from Autoplicity.com? They got the lowest prices for the Koni 8610-1436, but they also have lots of negative feedback and reviews. Not sure if it's worth the hassle to deal with them just to save a few bucks.

I'm also having a hard time finding a source for the gland nut. Amazon, Summit, Jegs and FRSport doesn't seem to carry it. A Google search shows that only Twosrus.com sells them for $24 each. I've never ordered from them before but they seem to get good reviews. I'm open to suggestions on where else I can purchase them. I could also use a recommendation on an inexpensive pin spanner wrench for the gland nut. The wrenches recommended on an old thread don't seem to work well or are really expensive.
                        If you don't mind waiting a bit for the gland nuts to come into stock from Koni, I can help you out with those and the 8610's. I'll match Autoplicity's price without the shadiness.

I mainly stopped trying to sell Koni parts because people seemed to not like that approach on the Wilwood GB, even when it saved them money.

Comment

Very interested. I'll be watching the thread.

Comment

Autoplicity made the decision easy for me when they raised their prices last week. I just purchased the 8610's from another site since they're all priced similarly now.

That gland nut wrench is a little expensive for a tool that I won't be using on a regular basis. I may have to buy it because I don't want to resort to using a pipe wrench and mangle the gland nuts. I won't be assembling anything soon, so I can wait on the tool. In the mean time, I open to suggestions on a cheaper pin spanner wrench that works.

Comment

You can just knock the gland nuts around with a screwdriver and vise grip them the last bit (doesn't mess them up too badly). I just welded together a gland nut tool for mine though.

Comment

I guess I'll just mess around with it when I have all the parts together. I just don't want to waste a lot of my time fiddling with the gland nut when there's a tool that will make the job much easier.

Just to let others know, the gland nut is available from many stores including those that I thought didn't carry it. They don't list the part number exactly as Koni does and Google can't differentiate between the exact number and what I'm actually searching for. If you're using Google, just replace the dot with every known symbol used to separate numbers. Or just use another search engine. I got a lot more results when I used something other than Google.

Are the Raceseng radial bearings the best option available for spring perches? I'm using the old Koni/Ground Control guide on Zilvia for reference and the Raceseng's are double the cost of the discontinued Vorshlag's. Stance makes something similar but they cost just as much as Raceseng and they advertise them as only working with inverted coilovers. Fortune Auto and Techno Toy Tuning are the cheapest but neither one seems like a good alternative to Raceseng. FA doesn't fit the Koni's very well and the T3's use an exposed needle bearing that will require regular greasing.

Comment

Working...
                                X