Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DefSport Koni 861x M55 Coilover Sleeve GB NUMBER 2!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bp93 View Post
    Really think I should grab a set of these while theyre still available, Are you willing to ship to Australia?
    PM sent
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

All orders were shipped out this Monday, so some should start seeing them show up today and tomorrow. The rest should get them by the end of the week.

Sorry for the delay, I was having trouble finding the 4-5 hrs it takes to package and ship all the orders in one go, so I was 15 mins here, 10 mins there until I could get the kids to both sleep at the same time then knocked it out.

Comment

Recieved mine today. Thanks

Comment

Got mine on Thursday and finally had time to play with them today. Won't be able to assemble them for several weeks. I'm tempted to spend a little more and upgrade my camber plates to ones that can adjust caster. I've wanted a Koni setup since Veilside180sx was selling his housings so it's nice to finally have everything in my hands. Thanks again, Def.

It's a shame you're discontinuing these. These sleeves make it so easy to fit Koni 861x to any car. Especially to those that no longer have their OEM strut/shock housings. If I didn't spend so much money on the rest of the hardware, I would buy a second set for another car. I'll check again in a few months and see if you have any left over.

Comment

Payment sent. I can't wait for them but I'm also not in a rush.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited by lethanh93; 06-27-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Got it! I'll ship it out when I get back home.

I picked up this in NC:

Visited turtl631 and my old S13:

...and am still driving back to Seattle:

Comment

Iíd like a full set (4) of sleeves and perches if available. Iíll send out the PayPal once I know you still have the goods
                ‘07 LS460L Vip Styled Daily
                ‘98 SR22 S14 Weekend Worrior

Comment

Yep, have the parts in stock for another full set! Paypal is jfannon at gmail.com

Comment

Finally getting around to assembling my coilovers with the sleeves that I purchased last year.

I'm using T3 camber plates and upper perches. This design has a thrust bearing in the upper perch with the load being transferred into the pillow block. Other designs that I have seen have the load being transferred into the spherical bearing in the pillow block. Is one design better than the other? Just wondering if I should get some kind of spacer that would contact the spherical instead of the pillow block before I completely assemble and install the coilovers.

Comment

You need a spacer to allow the camber plate to articulate above the spring perch.

Comment

Yes, put all load in the spherical so it can articulate. The strut is not perpendicular with the strut tower through most of its travel. Not sure why T3 insists on doing it that way, as itís 100% wrong. The factory can do it because the bearing has a super soft rubber bushing around it that allows articulation. once you go to stiff stuff, gotta let it move.

Comment

I would like 2 sleeves and 2 perches. I completely missed the new thread.

Comment

Just an update guys - no spring perches are left in stock. I still have a few sets of sleeves left, but it's getting to the final bits of inventory.

If there is sufficient interest, I could make another run of it, but I'd probably need at least a few orders with a deposit to make it worthwhile to machine another run of them.

Comment

Nice score on the MR2. Looks like the previous owner took good care of it. I want to double check some things before final assembly.

1. The nut on top of the camber plate that holds the whole thing together should be torqued to 59 lb/ft with blue threadlocker.

2. The gland nut is torqued to 89 lb/ft with blue threadlocker. I'm unsure of this number because I think Koni expects the gland nut to be install on a steel OEM housing.

3. On the old Zilvia guide, the foam bump stops were cut in half. Every single person on NRR as well as cars on other forums are using them uncut. Is this something that doesn't matter either way.

4. To set the spring, the Koni insert is extended to maximum length and the lower spring perch is rotated up till the spring is snug against the top and bottom perches.

Comment

Both torques sound a bit high, but I donít have exact numbers handy. Honestly, threadlocker plus a reasonable ~30-40 ft lbs is more than enough for both IMO.

i cut my bumpstop a tad, but if you can run it full length and use it as a more progressive ramp in spring rate, thatís better.

Zero spring preload is probably a good place to start with. You can adjust from there if needed for ride height or initial spring force calls for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X