Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DefSport Koni 861x M55 Coilover Sleeve GB NUMBER 2!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefSport Koni 861x M55 Coilover Sleeve GB NUMBER 2!!!

Reposting the initial info from the other thread. I've decided to offer a slight drop in price to move out the remaining inventory. I likely will never make another batch, as I've been sitting on this box of parts for far too long. I have plenty of parts right now to fulfill orders on the sleeves and perches.

Threaded Sleeve Particulars:
    *Fits Koni 8611-1257 and 8610-1463 struts
    *External thread is M55x2 mm
    *Snap ring and stainless steel shim included
    *Gland nut is the Koni M48x1.5mm size (not included, Koni P/N 73.25.01.003.1)
    *You supply Koni 8611-1257 or 8610-1436 strut and Koni Gland nut (see above point) to complete sleeve/strut assembly

Perch Particulars:
    *Fits 2.5" ID springs
    *Uses M6 socket cap pinch bolt to hold itself
    *Anodized gunmetal grey for additional wear resistance
    *Replaces the typical M55 spring perch and locking ring to hold it all together
    *Torque spec is ~4-5 ft-lbs on the bolt, it only needs to hold the perch, do not overtigthen it!

Pics:

8610:

8611:

Pricing:

Summary of pricing:

Flat $290/pair shipped (in USA) for threaded sleeves.

Purchase 4 threaded sleeves for only $550 per 4 shipped (in USA).

$80/pair shipped (in USA) for M55 spring perches.

I've decided to include the SS shims for all struts, just because I view it as an integral part of the design once I got it all put together without the shims. The snap ring wasn't loaded in complete shear, and I'd hate to have someone bend a snap ring out of the sleeve and have the damper banging around.

Street pricing for the perch + locking ring from Stance is about $115ish, so I feel this is a better design and cheaper for someone purchasing everything new.

Paypal is jfannon at gmail dot com (substitute symbols). Please note your NRR S/N and what your order is for. I cannot fulfill orders that have no information attached to them.

As I said, I'll get these out as quickly as possible once I get orders in, but everything is HERE and ready to go.

7" spring on prototype sleeve and DefSport perches. 8610-1436 shown, if you want zero preload, go with 8" springs or 7" and a tender spring:

'18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Thanks for getting these up again. Money sent your way.

Comment

Thanks Def! Payment sent.

Comment

Payment received. I'll start assembling the orders and let you guys know when they should go out.

Comment

I'm glad I decided to take a look at NRR before bed. Payment sent. Thanks for taking the time and effort to make these, Def.

Comment

Nice. Part of me wants to get these and compare them to my MCS's and see/measure the difference.
            Core4 Motorsports
            CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
            S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Zeratul View Post
              I'm glad I decided to take a look at NRR before bed. Payment sent. Thanks for taking the time and effort to make these, Def.
              Payment received!

Come on gills, you know you want 'em.

Although honestly, you probably won't notice much difference on track once you get the Konis dialed in. I do notice that twin tubes ride much better on the street due to the lower gas pressure. They don't need to see that force exceeded to travel on bump, so they tend to follow small, sharp imperfections much better while being critically damped in rebound.

Comment

Payment sent. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
                  Nice. Part of me wants to get these and compare them to my MCS's and see/measure the difference.
                  All of me wishes that you'd get them and compare them...

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post

Although honestly, you probably won't notice much difference on track once you get the Konis dialed in. I do notice that twin tubes ride much better on the street due to the lower gas pressure. They don't need to see that force exceeded to travel on bump, so they tend to follow small, sharp imperfections much better while being critically damped in rebound.
                    Ha! I REALLY do want to. I need to see my fund situation.

I can already tell you that I'd absolutely notice that difference. NJMP Thunderbolt track is not smooth and has many spots that have little sharp imperfections/small bumps where the MCS's get noticeably jounced. I did a back to back test in my S14 with MCS's and my brother's E36 M3 with KW V3's with linear spring rates and similar overall wheel rate. I could've sipped espresso while ripping my brother's car in those same spots. It was a significant difference. Big bumps are handled fine and smooth tracks obviously aren't a problem. But, you're absolutely right about the gas pressure in conjunction with the rod diameter (22mm) being an issue. Lowest pressure I can run safely is 100psi. With a 22mm shaft, that's already ~60lbs of force that needs to be overcome in initial compression.

My real main concern with the Koni's I guess would be longevity. Want to sponsor me??? (joking...)

Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by 513s13 View Post
                      Payment sent. Thanks!
                      Got it!

Comment

Ha! I REALLY do want to. I need to see my fund situation.

I can already tell you that I'd absolutely notice that difference. NJMP Thunderbolt track is not smooth and has many spots that have little sharp imperfections/small bumps where the MCS's get noticeably jounced. I did a back to back test in my S14 with MCS's and my brother's E36 M3 with KW V3's with linear spring rates and similar overall wheel rate. I could've sipped espresso while ripping my brother's car in those same spots. It was a significant difference. Big bumps are handled fine and smooth tracks obviously aren't a problem. But, you're absolutely right about the gas pressure in conjunction with the rod diameter (22mm) being an issue. Lowest pressure I can run safely is 100psi. With a 22mm shaft, that's already ~60lbs of force that needs to be overcome in initial compression.

My real main concern with the Koni's I guess would be longevity. Want to sponsor me??? (joking...)
                        I beat on my Konis for many many years with a reasonable amount of street driving on them with no signs of degradation. I'd say they're much more robust than the typical "fancy dampers" found out there. Not even including junk like Advance Design shocks which would last maybe a weekend or two on track before losing pressure and weeping. haha

In TX, tracks were either generally pretty smooth, and very rough with bad transitions or really degraded pavement. Interesting that you guys have a lot of little surface imperfections. If that's the case, then yes, the twin tubes will definitely perform better. I found mine rode very very well, even critically damped with 560/420 rates.

Comment

So how many hours would you say you had on your Konis? Never rebuilt at all?
                          Core4 Motorsports

Comment

So how many hours would you say you had on your Konis? Never rebuilt at all?
                            Hours? A lot

I ran them for probably 8 years on the car, and they're still on and kicking. Probably an easy 80+ full track days on them, maybe 5-8k street miles. They're still kicking just fine on the car that turtl631 bought, no issues last time I tested them right before I sold it (to up spring rates all around and generally go through suspension thoroughly).

They're beefed up versions of their lifetime warranty struts - no reason they wouldn't be super durable. The twin tube design also seems to be a bit more durable than the non-remote canister monotube design when pushed hard. The monotubes tend to get hot when pushed hard without remote canisters due to the lack of space for the gas to expand, which further builds heat etc.

Comment

Really think I should grab a set of these while theyre still available, Are you willing to ship to Australia?

Comment

Working...
                              X