Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawk DTC60 now available for Infiniti P11 front brakes!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk DTC60 now available for Infiniti P11 front brakes!!

After talking with the right people at HAWK, they have gone ahead and decided to make the DTC-60 compound for the P11 stock front calipers.

www.raceshopper.com carries them.

I'm not sure if anyone here roadraces a p11 or a p10 with upgraded p11 carriers but thought I'd share the info.

The part number is:

Hawk DTC60 for 99-02 Infiniti G20 (or 2000-2001 SE 2.0 Sentra)!

Fronts = HB268G.665
    Last edited by ibid; 01-19-2009, 09:43 AM.
    - 1995 Infiniti G20t 5speed track beastie for PTF/TTF
    - 1994 Sentra sr20de soon to be PTF/PTE
    - 1995 240sx SE 5spd (fun summer car)

~ ABS and traction control are for people who can't drive

Have you used the DTC60's on track?

Comment

not yet, have you?

so far I have only used Hawk Blue, HT10 and HT12 (with HP+ in rear) as far as HAWK pad brand goes

DTC60 and DTC70 are newer compounds.

I will be ordered a set of front DTC60s to try out though for this season...

Comment

Originally posted by ibid View Post
        not yet, have you?

so far I have only used Hawk Blue, HT10 and HT12 (with HP+ in rear) as far as HAWK pad brand goes

DTC60 and DTC70 are newer compounds.

I will be ordered a set of front DTC60s to try out though for this season...
        Nope, not yet.

I have only used BHP's (now out of business) in my 240. A bunch of Carbotech stuff before then.

Comment

I loved carbotech but hated the expensive price.. back when I tracked my 911 I was using Pagid YEllow and Pagid Black...

Tried porterfield once before (no interest in trying again)

Comment

I've tried them at a small course "time trial." More like a big autocross with 3-5 laps at a time.

They require more heat than an HT-10, but are super easy to modulate, and are pretty rotor aggressive when cold. Not Hawk Blue rotor aggressive, but I would definitely think twice about driving to an event more than 100 miles away with them installed. Their cold response seemed to suck more than I remember HT-10s on my M3, and there is a very abrupt torque change when they get up to temperature. It's enough to lock your front wheels if you're anywhere close to threshold braking when they come into their own.

I haven't had extended experience with 'em, but they seem to be a pretty nice pad for a pure track car. I think I'm going to go with an HT-10 for my next set on the Nissan for a little more street usability.
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

okay.. We only change at the track anyway (unless we are trailering) so that won't be an issue.

Comment

You should like them then. They seem like they can take some heat and then some.

I'm just a lowly DEer that's driving the car to events, so it's not the ideal pad for me.
                '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Which pad do you run, Def? I'm strongly considering the HP plus with brake ducting on 300ZX calipers all around. I also only ever do DE type events. Basically, it's a free for all track day, with max speeds of ~95mph on my car(350whp).
                  Cory B.

"Driving a race car as fast as possible is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction."
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/nissanfanatic240

Comment

Originally posted by Cory View Post
                    Which pad do you run, Def? I'm strongly considering the HP plus with brake ducting on 300ZX calipers all around. I also only ever do DE type events. Basically, it's a free for all track day, with max speeds of ~95mph on my car(350whp).
                    I have ran the HP+ on 300zx calipers and had no problem but I only have 165 hp but are not limited to a top speed.

Comment

HP+ is a great 'drive to/from' the track pad if you don't want to change pads at the track and want something streetable.

I have HP+ in the rear and never change them (that and the rear last me a year regardless of the fact that I put over 4k track miles on the car)

Comment

Working...
                      X