P10 quality strut/shock setup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P10 quality strut/shock setup?

Just wondering if anybody has found a good quality street/ mild track (road race/autox) suspension combo. Something like the koni or bilstein setup for the s13. Now I know koni used to make a complete setup but its been discontinued for years I believe.

I plan to sell my Mercedes and pick one up like 2literturbo, It would be a reliable dd and when I can get in some track time I would as much as possible. I DON'T want to run the chinese coilover garbage as seen and even though d2 makes some i'm sure its just a hyped up street set.

These cars have been raced plenty but I'm just wondering if there is something out there before I get rid nice dd for a 20 year old one with a good future insight on becoming a full race car.

I also have a 02 sport p11 that used to be my dd but my wife drives it now as hers. should i keep the p11 and fix the rear alignment issue. the p11 is auto too so a swap would be needed.

Eventual race plans would be a ve with whater mods when that point comes.
    Last edited by phil240; 06-21-2013, 03:23 PM.

well searching around a little bit i found bilsteins for p10 primera. are the p10's the same shock strut wise so it will work fine then go with a ground control coilover setup?

If so then it seems to be a good option for street and mild/mediocre track use.

Comment

Ok while searching a lot more I found that the front z32 shocks do bolt up to the front of a p10 not a p11. the shocks spring perch sit 1.5 inches lower than the standard p10 shocks. so possibly a bilstein ground control setup for the front, still need to research more on the rear strut setup for these.

Comment

If you can find some ShigSpeed housings, they run a Koni insert. Very popular but rare.
        'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
        [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
        [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

look around on www.g20.net.. lots of options available

The setup we had on our former track rat g20 was sort of streetable on softest setting but not exactly 'comfy' either due to the spring rate we went with so it isn't something I'd recommend for a DD either.
          - 1995 Infiniti G20t 5speed track beastie for PTF/TTF
          - 1994 Sentra sr20de soon to be PTF/PTE
          - 1995 240sx SE 5spd (fun summer car)

~ ABS and traction control are for people who can't drive

Comment

Back on this as I have picked up a p10, I'm inclined to try something decent. I've looked around and ofcourse haven't found anything decent except for a bilstien front shock But no rears. I would be inclined to try the bilstien with gcc setup and see how well it would work out.

Do any of you guys have any recommendations on what to try. I dint really want to go with any of the cheap coilovers as the proposed setup I am thinking about could be fine tuned to where I'd probably need them to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ibid View Post
              look around on www.g20.net.. lots of options available

The setup we had on our former track rat g20 was sort of streetable on softest setting but not exactly 'comfy' either due to the spring rate we went with so it isn't something I'd recommend for a DD either.
              That's a good site. I did a quick search and found this article that had some good Koni information.
              '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
              '17 Civic Type R
              '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
              '04 TSX 6MT - DD

Comment

Originally posted by phil240 View Post
                Back on this as I have picked up a p10, I'm inclined to try something decent. I've looked around and ofcourse haven't found anything decent except for a bilstien front shock But no rears. I would be inclined to try the bilstien with gcc setup and see how well it would work out.

Do any of you guys have any recommendations on what to try. I dint really want to go with any of the cheap coilovers as the proposed setup I am thinking about could be fine tuned to where I'd probably need them to be.
                Highly recommend staying off the cheap coilover route. Had a set of Ksport gen 1 coilovers on the P10 DET build I purchased. Worst suspension ever.

If you're on a budget, KYB GR2 or AGX and tein springs did alright. Otherwise, custom work is the only way to go. When I did my internet research, I came across someone stating that Z31 struts would fit in the rear.

Comment

Working...
                X