Picked Up A P10 G20 Over The Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked Up A P10 G20 Over The Weekend

Well I picked up a 96 G20 last Saturday. I sold my G35 (was tired of payments, and I'm trying to buy a house), and actually had a few bucks left over after paying the loan off. So in a way, this car was free! Ha ha. It's a 5spd manual with A/C, Cruise, sunroof, etc. Gross interior color, but that can be changed out. Bought it from the original owners, which was kind of cool. It was the cleanest cheap P10 in the area in the last few weeks, so I grabbed it. I needed a decent DD to replace the G35. I know it's a "downgrade", but I'll make it nicer... I can't leave anything alone! Ha!

Here are some pictures of how it is today... Going to work on cleaning it up soon.

The gross interior... Ha ha.

100% Stock SR... Runs nice and smooth!

Here you can see the color pretty well. I actually like it quite a bit!

Immediate plans are to just clean it up as best as I can. Probably going to VE swap it with an LSD trans just to make it more fun, but was thinking of trying to set it up for some Auto-X fun. I know the VE will bump me up to the SMF (?I think?) class, so I won't be competitive really, but I was hoping I could get some tips from those who have messed with these cars before. It's my first one, so I'm not 100% sure what suspension bits are better than others.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
    96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Fun stuff. I almost picked one up before I got my RSX, but I didn't want to really wrench on my daily so the Type S gave me all the speed I was looking for.

Now I'm thinking of an SUV for a daily actually... Not sure how much I'll miss driving a manual, but I hit enough traffic daily that I think I can live with it.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Yeah, I plan on swapping in the VE before swapping everything between he two 240s, that way I can drive the S14 for a bit. Then I wont be wrenching on the P10 much besides things that take an afternoon or less, ha ha.

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Clean! I can't believe that's actually a shade of green.. Looks black almost... Nice ride

Comment

Thanks! I think they painted S13s this color in Japan and the anniversary edition Z32s as well.

Today I installed the first mod! Ha

JWT Pop Charger

More stuff coming soon...

Comment

Already started modding! Hah!

I've only put in a nicer stereo with bluetooth in the RSX, and then a lightweight flywheel and OEM clutch when it started slipping. Other than that the usual stuff like brake pads and returning it more to stock (which made me about $700 for just a little work).

Comment

Yeah, you have more self control than I do, lol. I can't help it, it's a disease!

Picking up an SR20VE this friday... Ha ha

Comment

Nice... it sounds like fun, but I've been really glad I got the RSX-S since it was pretty much what I was looking for from the factory. Don't have the time to tinker with the DD these days.

Comment

Yeah if I could afford one, it would have been a good DD for me as well. I'm cheap, and don't want a car payment anymore (big reason why I sold the G35), ha ha. I only had 2.5k to spend on a car, so my options were pretty limited to say the least. So I bought the G20 and had enough money to pick up an SR20VE + LSD trans for it. I'll be driving the S14 around while I get the G20 ready to be the reliable DD. Then this winter, the big project of swapping everything from the S13 over to the S14 begins.

Comment

Why you swapping chassis?

Comment

Main reason? Straight chassis, lol. My S13 is hammered...

Self Justification? Better overall chassis, lol.

Comment

Congrats on the clean find! I'm actually looking for a p10 now myself and in a funny way will be selling my mercedes for one.

Looking to do the same your doing a vvl/lsd swap but for the time being just a dd till I'm ready to setup for road racing. I want a cheap chassis that I don't have to put a lot of money into to beat the snot out of.

Comment

So my VVL swap is almost done. Waiting on a few small parts in the mail unfortunately, so I'll be working on the interior for a bit (it's all tore apart and gross).

Whole Engine bay shot:

I had to wrap the header to protect the alternator:

I also had to make my own upper brackets to fit my Sentra SE-R Koyo radiator:

Comment

Sweet! I've always secretly wanted one of these. Just to swap it and go beat up on the FWD Honda guys. However, multiple projects and owning a home wasn't in the best interests of my pockets.
                            VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

That VVL swap is going to be nice! The P10's are definitely the lightest of the G20's and most fun to drive.

I was considering it with my old B14 SE-R, but decided it was time to sell when I found a good deal on an '04 TSX.

What are your plans for the exhaust?

Post a video of it running when you're done!
                              '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
                              '17 Civic Type R
                              '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
                              '04 TSX 6MT - DD

Comment

Working...
                              X