No announcement yet.

Picked Up A P10 G20 Over The Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to post a video when I can, but I've been driving it every day for the past few weeks Even made the trip down to Arizona last week! Got 35mpg at best, but typically around 30-31. Makes good power. Has some idling issues though, so I need to figure that out. Pretty irritated, got backed into (passenger fender) in the costco parking lot last sunday here in Arizona. I'm afraid they are going to total out my car for that... sigh. So it'll have a salvage title most likely over a dented fender. Sucks about old cars that don't blue book for much.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
    96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

I had a similar issue with my S13 and I negotiated with the insurance company over 45 days. I kept the title (non-salvage) and they cut me a check.

I wouldn't sign any paper work until they agree since the adjusters are paid bonuses based on speed of settlement and recovery. It just depends if it's worth the hassle.
      Last edited by voiddweller; 03-11-2015, 10:33 PM.
      '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
      '17 Civic Type R
      '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
      '04 TSX 6MT - DD

Comment

I'll fight it as much as I can... I'd rather just get it fixed to be honest. The car was pretty clean, so I'm pretty bummed that it isn't anymore :/

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Any update?
          '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
          '17 Civic Type R
          '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
          '04 TSX 6MT - DD

Comment

Yeah, I've been super busy lately, spent all weekend in Long Beach last weekend, so no time to work on the car! I ended up getting paid out by the insurance company with no salvage title, so I'm pretty stoked with that! Just need to figure out how I'm going to fix the damage though. I'd like to get some Euro parts before I get it painted since I should be doing the paint anyways. Not easy to come by though. Just ordered a VET header gasket to hopefully seal up an exhaust leak, but that's about it at the moment, ha ha. Haven't had a chance to clean it up for pictures and a video unfortunately

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1429013394279.jpg

This is one of my favorites.
              '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
              '17 Civic Type R
              '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
              '04 TSX 6MT - DD

Comment

Yeah, lol. You and me both. Those parts are insanely hard to find and rather expensive when you do.

Comment

hey guys I just picked up a '99 p11 g20t, with a torn driver-side (trans mount). Been scouring g20.net for definitive information in regards to picking up a replacement mount. I have found oem replacement but at $160 a mount that is ludicrous to replace the left and trans/passenger side mounts. I found some fogy info saying the prothane 14-502 fits with some trimming. don't know how sure this is or if ever confirmed.

Comment

I'm not sure if they'll fit. If you're keeping it stock just get the Rockauto.com replacement. This is another option:
                    http://importnut.net/motormount.htm
                    Last edited by voiddweller; 05-13-2015, 03:41 PM.
                    '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
                    '17 Civic Type R
                    '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
                    '04 TSX 6MT - DD

Comment

That's a clean little P10. I used to be pretty heavily into that scene and still have a friend who is a fanatic about them (has 4x P10s, 3x p11s). Great little cars as long as you build them right.

Loren with LocoPerformance creates motor mounts but they run really stiff (90A durameter poly).

Comment

Finally ordered something new for the P10! I ordered up a 3" stainless catback with resonator from BRM (BRMexhaust.com). I did ask for a custom setup. Normally when you order a single tip, you get a round muffler (at least that's how it is with the S-Chassis). I sent an e-mail in and asked if i could get an oval muffler with the offset tip instead, and they were cool with it! Going to do some test fitting soon, so I'll be posting up more pics later on for fitment and a video for sound! For now, all I have is a pic of it sitting on the floor, ha ha.

Comment

I had their 2.5" SS on my S14. It sounded awesome from outside the car. Get that beoch installed!
                          '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
                          '17 Civic Type R
                          '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
                          '04 TSX 6MT - DD

Comment

Ha ha, yeah, I had their 3" on my first S13 way back in the day. Sounded great! I hope to get it installed soon! Worried it may be a bit loud, but I've heard that the VE's actually are quieter with exhausts until they hit the vtak!

Comment

Nice! The NA VVL and DE love the 3". I tried it on my DE and the drone was insane...had to go 2.5".

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
                              '97 240SX - S13 SR20DET
                              '17 Civic Type R
                              '12 MDX - Tow Vehicle
                              '04 TSX 6MT - DD

Comment

I have a 3" on my KA24DE S14 atm, and it's pretty quiet. But it has a resonator and a cat. So I'm hoping because I got a resonator and have a cat on the G20, that it would be close to the same, ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X