Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P10 Coilovers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • P10 Coilovers

    This seems to be a recent phenomenon with the P10 setup.

    Notice any similarities between all 3 of these setups?

    Agility (spec's custom valved/custom spring/32 adjustments)
    My personal favorite is the "guarantee" to be within 8% of each other on a Roehrig








    AMR (spec's custom valved/custom springs/24 adjustments)







    KSport/D2

    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...


  • #2
    Pay attention to the octagonal shape of the lower mounts.

    The same spring perches on the first two.
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

    Comment


    • #3
      They probably source then from the same factory. Apexi and Megan Racing both source a set of coilovers for the Evo from the same factory in China. I think this is just the world we live in these days.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah BC makes both the Megan/Apexi stuff, but there are a few differences between those two.
        Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

        Comment


        • #5
          I see the 'AMR Bashing' hasn't stopped yet.

          I have had AMR suspension on my P10 since April 1st of this year and over 3000 track miles + about 2k street miles.


          They have been used on several tracks in the midwest area including:

          Road America (2:55 lap time recorded -- stock tired Sr20 engine )
          Gingerman
          Grattan
          Autobahn Country Club (north, south and combined track)
          Blackhawk (2:28 lap time recorded)
          - 1995 Infiniti G20t 5speed track beastie for PTF/TTF
          - 1994 Sentra sr20de soon to be PTF/PTE
          - 1995 240sx SE 5spd (fun summer car)

          ~ ABS and traction control are for people who can't drive

          Comment


          • #6
            i put lots of miles on my d2's and plenty of track miles too. doesn't mean they ride nice or that were awesome. in fact it was the exact opposite.

            a valid argument can only be from someone who has used 10 different coilover makes on the same car with the same setup. otherwise STFU

            Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

            Comment


            • #7
              I see you chose to use a different name than ANY other forum you are on. Which means you are either a troll...or ashamed to admit who you are. (BTW Chris_101...we know it's you)

              FWIW I'd like to know what you have used previously to compare to? As Brian already relayed...

              Originally posted by ibid View Post
              I see the 'AMR Bashing' hasn't stopped yet.

              I have had AMR suspension on my P10 since April 1st of this year and over 3000 track miles + about 2k street miles.


              They have been used on several tracks in the midwest area including:

              Road America (2:55 lap time recorded -- stock tired Sr20 engine )
              Gingerman
              Grattan
              Autobahn Country Club (north, south and combined track)
              Blackhawk (2:28 lap time recorded)
              Last edited by veilside180sx; 09-24-2008, 10:18 AM.
              Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by veilside180sx View Post
                I see you chose to use a different name than ANY other forum you are on. Which means you are either a troll...or ashamed to admit who you are. (BTW Chris_101...we know it's you)

                FWIW I'd like to know what you have used previously to compare to? As Brian already relayed...

                lmao.. I totally forgot I came here just to post one comment way back when....

                anyway...


                Yes, I have chris101 ID on sr20forums and Chris on g20.net.

                Yes, I use ibid ID on other forums (I have 4 different IDs I use on various forums).

                I'm not trying to troll or hide anything..

                I do grow weary of AMR bashing though when we put over 4k track miles on ours and they have worked out GREAT! I did not buy anything else to compare them to because we were completely happy with ours.
                Last edited by ibid; 01-19-2009, 07:02 AM.
                - 1995 Infiniti G20t 5speed track beastie for PTF/TTF
                - 1994 Sentra sr20de soon to be PTF/PTE
                - 1995 240sx SE 5spd (fun summer car)

                ~ ABS and traction control are for people who can't drive

                Comment


                • #9
                  No worries.=)

                  Originally posted by ibid View Post
                  lmao.. I totally forgot I came here just to post one comment way back when....

                  anyway...


                  Yes, I have chris101 ID on sr20forums and Chris on g20.net.

                  Yes, I use ibid ID on other forums (I have 4 different IDs I use on various forums).

                  I'm not trying to troll or hide anything..

                  I do grow weary of AMR bashing though when we put over 4k track miles on ours and they have worked out GREAT! I did not buy anything else to compare them to because we were completely happy with ours.
                  Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'd like to see gutted innards of everything. Probably wouldn't even have to include piston details. If I was to rebrand 3rd-world market shocks I'd show the guts to the 95% of the world that doesn't know any better claiming they're unique to racing asphalt.

                    Anyways, I know Tim (Wiisass) has taken apart a few shocks and was going to dissect more. Has there been any progress with that? I've got D2's sitting around waiting....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just gutted my tein HE's. I could post some pics of the innards.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X