Pushrod daily driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushrod daily driver

S2000 has been moved on to the next owner, and I went a bit different route this time.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

I'm going to get the heads redone so I don't drop a valve and destroy my surprisingly expensive Chevy engine. Dropping in a mild cam and finishing it up with an intake and a tune while I'm at it. Should be low 500s whp which is plenty, it's already super fast stock. Def wants me to throw an intake mani and headers at it. .

I don't love chrome so I might get some Cup wheel replicas in Z06 sizing, thoughts? Pictured are 19/20 stagger, I'd go 18/19 to keep tire costs under relative control.

~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
    ~2016 M3, daily driver

I like the wheels. Definitely 18/19 on sizes.

I say make 525 rwhp or so, and have the ultimate mullet cruiser. It'll at least keep you entertained.

I still say a much better choice than a hardtop Boxster. They're not bad cars, they're just not very exciting when pushed from at least the passenger seat. Think T25 SR speed and handle about like a 370Z.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Yea I'm happy with the choice. Once I gave up on the GT3 as they started rising in value, there were just a lot of options to consider. A co-worker has a Cayman GTS and it's a gorgeous car that clearly has a nicer interior and great control feel, but the Z is just so much faster. GT4 is probably really fun but unobtainium currently, probably forever with how the P car craze is going.
      ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

When you going to start slapping parts on this like crazy???

Comment

I'm waiting on the heads to get here. Cam and intake are already hanging out with all my S14 parts on the shelf

I need to decide what tires to run with the Cup wheels. I have the OE RF Firestones now which are not great. I want a summer tire with reasonable life, maybe Michelin Pilot Super Sports? RE11 and RE71 are available in close enough sizing but they're probably dicier in rain and 71s wear super fast it seems. I don't know how much these sticky autocross tires like track days either.
          ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

I didn't know you were buying parts already. I get some mullet brands like COMP cams and whatnot.

I hear the Michelin PSS are a great all around tire.

Comment

I researched like crazy and ended up getting an EPS cam that supposedly is more gentle on the valve train. I'll hit you up if I need anything else.
              ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

relevant

Comment

Basically, yes. After a few local DEs battling stock brakes I'm getting a separate set of blank rotors and some Hawk DTC 70/60 love.
                  ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

So I did that EPS cam, milled heads 0.030, valve job and some porting. Also added a Halltech intake, kept stock IM, headers, exhaust etc.

Also got some new wheels and tires. I went with real GM Cup wheels which are 19x10 front, 20x12 rear because I didn't want to get replicas in smaller stock sizing. Tires are Pilot Super Sports, they've been fine commuting but it was never above like 65* since I put them on so no idea how they do actually driving.

Then I took them off and put on my winter setup, base C6 size Alpin PA4 snow tires on TSW wheels in close to C6 base sizes (18x9, 19x10). They look really sunken so I guess the stance crew will be disappointed but they drive nice and it was fine in the 1" of snow we've gotten thus far.

Finally, went full ricer and put some pedal covers on. The stock clutch and brake are actually really slippery when wet, my foot slipped off the clutch while backing up in light rain and I almost launched into my neighbor's garage backwards.
                    ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Man i can't believe you take it out in the snow. I'd be constantly thinking of what the salt would slowly be doing.

Comment

I can't image how much tires for a 20x12 must cost

I am really digging that color combo and simplicity!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexg View Post
                          Man i can't believe you take it out in the snow. I'd be constantly thinking of what the salt would slowly be doing.
                          yeah f that, I've had to deal with waaaaaaaaaay too much chassis rust on my S13 to ever think about taking a performance car out in snow again

Comment

Isn't the Z06 an aluminum frame and fiberglass body?? In addition to all the "new" car rust proofing methods??

Yeah, I doubt he has to worry about rust lol!

Comment

I still wouldn't want that **** building up somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X