No announcement yet.

Considering parting out/trading my 240sx for... rx7 or 350z or rx8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you asked the question 2 months ago.. still planning? do something already!
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

I'm getting an FD RX7, nothing nice on the market now anyway, and it's crappy winter, not in a rush.
      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

You said a used 370Z is 60k Canadian. No freaking way...
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Btw, I would get a rust free FD from the south of the US before dealing with the horrible rusty chassis you guys have.
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Meant the newer vettes but check for yourself:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/pv/Used/C...%2c10%2c9&st=1

A used 10-11 370z is around 30-40k, 12-13 is 45-50k on autotrader plus tax, plus financing, etc... it ramps up fast.
            "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Tax on Autotrader? don't buy from a stealership!

If you'd buy fewer car parts with cash, you could buy the car without financing. I quit modding my DD and buying stuff for it I didn't 'need' a few years ago and just put the money into the bank. After a few years and I was ready for another car, I had $20k sitting in the bank. bought my G35 with cash. beyotch!
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Well I forget the deal with dealerships, usually I buy cash. In Canada when you register it you still have to pay tax on it.. and regardless of how much it cost you, the tax is calculated based on the blue book value of the car.

Few years back bought a car for 700$, but had to pay tax on it as if it was 2000$... big time rip of.

Comment

Stupid Canuckistanis...

Then again, they started doing that in TX about 10 years ago after way too many people bought cars from their aunt for $500 that have less than 100k on the ticker..

Still stupid.

FYI, there's a couple of FD RX7s around Houston that are for sale right now. don't think you want to pay for them (and another $1000+ to ship), but there are several rust-free chassis around here.
                  '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

I'll be considering that.

Comment

Enough - start parting out already! Dibs on anything cool.

Comment

Not knowing anything about Canada's import/ export regulations, could you get a C5 from the US and drive it in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                          Stupid Canuckistanis...

Then again, they started doing that in TX about 10 years ago after way too many people bought cars from their aunt for $500 that have less than 100k on the ticker..

Still stupid.

FYI, there's a couple of FD RX7s around Houston that are for sale right now. don't think you want to pay for them (and another $1000+ to ship), but there are several rust-free chassis around here.

Links?

I'm thinking about swapping shells too...
                          1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
                          1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
                          2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

Working...
                          X