2_Liter_Turbo's 1990 Celica Alltrac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2_Liter_Turbo's 1990 Celica Alltrac

Here is another one of my projects (Daily Driver as well)

It's a 1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac (AWD Turbo), car # 154.

I bought it from the original owner last year in Eugene, OR for $3000, and I got a mountain of records including the original door sticker with the purchase! I love the car, even though it weighs 3450 lbs without me in it and is a PITA to work on! lol

Mods are pretty slim right now, as I have been working on my 240.

HKS Silent Hi-Power Exhaust
    HKS BOV
    3" Downpipe
    JSpeed Rear Diff Mount
    Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
    Motegi Tracklight Wheels
    NGK Iridium Plugs
    JDM Clear Corners
    Autometer ES Boost Gauge

I plan on doing the entire whiteline handling package for the car with koni shocks eventually, but since it's a "b" project after the 240, it's a slow process, lol.

I know it's not a Nissan, but I'm sure you guys can appreciate it, lol.
    Last edited by 2_Liter_Turbo; 10-13-2010, 09:03 AM.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
    96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

So cool. 3450 lbs? Are the FWD ones similarly porky?

At least its a sleek car with popups; one of my gripes with all the quick AWD cars now is that they're just tall boxy sedans.
    ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
    ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Yes, at least according to the truck scales (which could have been off...). I do have an amp (4-channel for the highs) in it and all aftermarket speaks, courtesy of the previous owner. That might add a little weight, ha ha. The FWD cars aren't nearly as heavy if I recall correctly. The Alltrac was a full option type car: leather, power seats, auto climate control, sunroof, A/C, etc etc... It was 27K new in 1990!!!

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

3450 lbs! That's BMW E39 I6 weight!!!
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Lol, I didn't design the car! Blame Toyota!

Comment

I love that car. Wanted one a while back but couldn't find one anywhere near $3k (if i found one at all)

Comment

How much do Supras weigh? I guess AWD systems aren't Toyota's forte.
              ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
              ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

I think TT Supras are right around 3400 lbs. A guy in Atlanta had his stripped out with 2 Sparco seats and it was 3260 lbs with a full tank of gas.
                '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by turtl631 View Post
                  How much do Supras weigh? I guess AWD systems aren't Toyota's forte.
                  Well, Toyota's AWD setup is VERY strong. I haven't heard of anyone blowing up a tranny at all due to power. I always forget his screen name, but one of the guys on alltrac.net is running close to a 10.0 on a stock tranny for about 2 years now. He also holds the land speed record for an alltrac I think, ha ha. That car is insane!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruff Ryder 6 View Post
                    I love that car. Wanted one a while back but couldn't find one anywhere near $3k (if i found one at all)
                    It took me 2 years to find one for the price I wanted!

Comment

Wow that's a cool and rare car!

Big single in her future?
                      1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
                      1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
                      2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

To be honest, I am not sure what I want to do with the car. I'd love the rally the crap out of it, but I also don't want to total the car. I probably should just by a mitsu/suby for my rally needs, ha ha. I've auto-x'd it as well, but the car isn't very suited for that without some very extensive weight reduction in the front. The car was built for rally, that's all it is good for really, except drag racing. These motors and trannys can handle some serious power. It'll probably just end up my street car with some suspension and power adders in the end, ha ha. If I went with an upgraded turbo, I'd probably rock a BW S300 or one of the new BW turbos that are coming out next month.

Comment

wait what? Celicas are that heavy? Never knew that... meh still a sweet car. I wish I could drive one, looks nice
                          "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to believe they are so heavy with such a small car! It is one of the most comfortable cars I've owned though... ha ha

Comment

I wanted one of those for awhile...very cool car.

Comment

Working...
                              X